Problem on Windows XP with FMS

Problem on Windows XP with FMS

Postby KenW » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 am

Loaded FMS software without problem. Clicking on desktop icon brings up the initial screen with airplane on runway with engine buzzing. However, when I try to open anything on the FMS screen the screen goes black, though I can still hear the noise from the airplane engine. I'm thinking this is a video card issue. I've got an NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT videocard with the latest driver and I have updated Direct X to the latest version as well. Anyone with suggestion on how to make this usable?
KenW

Re: Problem on Windows XP with FMS

Postby ggunners » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Hmmm... I never had any problems with WinXP and FMS except the com port error which is easily fixed with a work-around. I've found many more problems with Win8 that so far do not have a satisfactory solution. Working but with a low frame rate of 8 fps.

Are you running in windowed mode? Did you try locking with vertical synch under the "Graphics" "Options" menu?

Hopefully you are using FMS 2 alpha 8.5. If not, you may be trying to fly an alpha 8 model with beta 7, which will not work.

Some people solved a graphics problem by turning of DirectX hardware acceleration.

Try changing the graphics options one at a time and see if they help. If you find a fix, share it here.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version