"Floating division point by zero" - yet again.

"Floating division point by zero" - yet again.

Postby Qckslvr » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 am

Hi. Sorry to bring up a tired subject once again, but I'm new to the FMS Forum and I'm stumped as to how I can get the software running on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire One laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic and I've been trying to get FMS 2.0 Beta 7 operational for several weeks now, unsuccessfully. I've read everything I can find on line, and even consulted with the vendor who provided the installation software (Banana Hobby). After successfully loading the software, I get the "floating point division by zero" error, followed by a black screen with the appropriate headings across the top. When I try to load scenery, planes, etc., I get Access errors from FMS.exe. I'm able to calibrate my transmitter properly, but that's about all. I've downloaded and installed both a Virtual Serial Port and the "d3drm.dll" file, and uninstalled and re-installed the software, both from the disc and from on-line download about a dozen times, and still cannot get background too appear. Having followed every thread related to this problem, I see that this is not an unusual issue, but I haven't found any clear-cut resolutions that actually work. If anyone has any solution to this, I would sure like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
Qckslvr

Re: "Floating division point by zero" - yet again.

Postby ggunners » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

That's a tough problem. With a black background, I will assume the graphics subsystem on your computer is not yet compatible with FMS. What to try?

Try copying the d3drm.dll file to the FMS directory, the System directory and the System32 directory.

Perhaps it is not being found. In the past, I sometimes use the most current graphics drivers and sometimes they break things. You could try an older or more stable graphics driver.

Check your laptop settings in your BIOS for your graphics card. Usually, memory is shared between the card and the operating system. If so, you may need to give the graphics card some more memory so FMS can start.

Give those ideas a try for FMS. Meanwhile, try out RC Desk Pilot (BMI Flight Sim) too. It usually works well for Vista and above operating systems.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Qckslvr » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Great advice, friend! I really do appreciate hearing from you. These are all fresh insights that just might pay off. I'll try them first chance and will report back with the outcome. If nothing else, this makes me optimistic that I may be able to resolve this issue. It's kind of like that feeling you get right after you buy a new golf club, but before you actually put it in play!

Thanks again.
Qckslvr

Postby KEW » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Try FMF Version 2, Alpha 8.5. The Beta 7 version is probably causing the problems.
You need to completely remove the old version before you download the newer version.
Good luck,

KEW
KEW

Return to Windows-Version