Flicker problem in widows7

Flicker problem in widows7

Postby elvinvence » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:58 am

I first had issues with the program needing d3drm.dll, once I laded it I was able to get a picture of a landscape. The problem is that the landscape flickers and I don't know what to do about it or were to go from here. I have read as much of this topic as I could fine in the forum. I am running Windows 7 with a GeForce 6150E nforce 430 (what ever that means). I am new to forums also.

Thanks
Elvin From Vonore
elvinvence

Re: Flicker problem in widows7

Postby ggunners » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm

The flicker problem is with Nvidia video card drivers. Along the way, Nvidia dropped support for older methods for DirectX, so we have a flicker. See the post regarding the Windows Compatibility software from Microsoft.

I ended up buying a newer video card that was not Nvidia and am quite happy with FMS again. I know this is not a solution for everyone. You might try the free RC Desk Pilot or spend $40 for Clearview. The flight physics in RC Desk Pilot are OK and it is missing some things FMS has, but others have found it useful. Clearview compares very well to more expensive sims.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Re: Flicker problem in widows7

Postby elvinvence » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 am

I was able to install FMS on another computer that did not have an Nvidia video card and the FMS work seem to work well with the keyboard. Now I need help getting an AeroChopper RC Controller to work. Has anyone been able to get the AeroChopper RC controller to work in Windows 7 ?
elvinvence

Return to Windows-Version