[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - downloads and graphics

downloads and graphics

downloads and graphics

Postby cire » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Where are all the downloadable models? I can only find the six basic ones that come with the initial download.
I would like to see the control surfaces on the models move, following the stick movements, as in other sims. This would be more realistic, and also help initial setting up of the mapping.
cire

Postby steven s » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 pm

steven s

Postby smcxx66 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:18 am

will me too..i would just love that.
when you have the time and get done designing or modifiying
a model with moveable cntrl surface and smokes..
Please let me know where i can download it.
But you gatta all out too thou..i wanna be able to see it move
or the sun flash off of the nitro's meldew when the model
is in flight while doing evasive manuvers to make it more realistic.

better yet..i wanna see the main rotor blades of a heli
pivet.

I also want prop sounds...not just engine sound.
i want the sound of the blades for nitro heli.lol

I havn't learned how to snap my neck really, really fast
as any flight sim's model get to piont zero and go the
oposite direction.lol
Realisticly when my nitro heli gets close to me..it scare the heck
out of me.

Clearview has smokes , rotating props, smokes , water...etc.

You can transfer FMS models into Clearveiw too.
I'm not posistive if the software is free to do that thou.
Cleaveiw is $40....FMS is FREE.lol

or you can get the G4 or Reflex..they both still have that
neck snaping FX thou.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/flying_baer/fb-dl.htm
smcxx66

models

Postby cire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 pm

cire

models

Postby cire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:08 pm

cire

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 am

Steve Lewin

Re: models

Postby rckowal » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:22 pm

rckowal

Postby rckowal » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:51 pm

rckowal

Postby smcxx66 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:27 am

Try assigning notepad to open up those files....if you need to open them.

Just create a new folder on your desk top or wherever.
Then just drag and drop (copy) those files.
It's the samething as extracting them.
Some Zip folder has it in a folder already...so just
drag out the entire folder.

FMS will be able to read .par files from anywhere.
You just have to make sure the .wav file (sound) .bmp (model's skin)
are in the same folder.... and UNZIP
You don't need a _prv file (preview)..that's the little picture you see while
trying to load a model or scneries.

This is what's in a models folder.
a .par file (models parimeters)..this is what makes it fly.
a .X file or .maq (3d mesh)
a wav. file (sound)
Images files (model's texture) as many as the aurther wants
a _prv file (preview)
maybe a text file..(instructions and maybe notes of names for credits)

In order to make the sceneries working FMS that you get from RC-SIM.
You have to convert the all of the images...jpg files into .bmp.
The instructions are in French or German.
If you load the Ratty sceney (terragen images)...it's in ENGLISH

bascailly when you create a differnt scenery..it's the same as
just switch out the skin or color scheme of a model. it's not
that complicate.

A skybox is a model

I've been thinking about Cleaveiw ..if i decide to upgrade,
it would be mostly Cleaview becuase i can convert FMS models
into CV...However I'm not posistive if I have to purchase a software
to convert the models. I'll probably need sometype of 3D software
if i want moveable controls..but do need it just to transfer the models ?

As some of you might notice I converted all of the clearview sceneries in my FMS already..and I can tranfer my Photolistic
sceneries into CV. I've just figure out how to do clift or slops
for panorama type of sceneries.

I also notice clearveiw has been updating the versions like crazy
lately..so I can apreciate the work he's doing. The latest version
dose some strange things to my Vista thou.
I load a new version hoping that black flashing line would disappear.

One of the reason why i like FMS ..will there's models up the
wazoo and I know how to make photolictic sceneries up the wazoo.
So all those high price sim defferently dosen't warrant me paying
a bounch of money and possiblity of having to up grade a vedio card too.

i would like to evauate clearview a little more. I know there's a line
of the perimeter of the skybox...I'm not sure if it's my vedio card
runing the JAVA. But it's hard with only a little bit of time.

Why would i up grade to CV ?? For the smoke and bells ..
I don't belive FMS engine is powerful enough to do that.

At the moment...with my set up or CV in my PC set up.
I rather not have smoke than to see black lines.

keep in mind..just six months ago..i didn't even know how to
un zip a zip folder. :shock:
I'm still leanrding.

My graphic in my FMS .lol I made it in 5 mins or less
the panorama just uploaded today. I only use 1024x 1024size images
for the skybox.

Here's what's in a model's folder.
My window gives abreviatons of what they are.

a par file will look like this...This is how you also adjust the model's
perimeter...the way it flys or feels to ya..

example: if you increase the thrust..it'll make the model fly faster
or increase the max speed of the model.

This one is in english , so you can kind of grasp it.

This .par example is in Greek.lol..but notice the numbers on the left are
set up just the same as the .par in english.
So when you see one like this. just make a screen capture like i did
so you'll know what you're adjusting.
smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:24 am

My first slop panorama type scenery...for gliders of course.
I'm not really into gliders but I know FMS is capiable of good
photolistic sceneries just like the more expensive sim.
why??? becuase i'm using some of the same panorama photograph.lol

smcxx66

Postby choaterace » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am

The model downloads work- download to folder - 1 - open folder 1 - rt click mouse - chose extract all, chose second folder to extract files to - called mine (air planes) then on flight sim go to model - load - look in & enter the folder you extracted zip files to. some are ok some are great, onle found a couple that don't work. HAVE FUN !
choaterace

Return to Comments and Suggestions