[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Linux/GL version? - a Linux port of FMS, anyone interested?

Linux/GL version? - a Linux port of FMS, anyone interested?

Postby soundman » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:13 pm

I would also like to see a port to Mac....either OS9 or OSX. Another option would be getting it to run on the Xbox.....any of these would be great to see as I don't have a pc.....I know others in the same situation - we would like to be able to use a simulator too!!!!
soundman

Postby qcoldir » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:09 pm

Just adding another "ME TOO" post saying I wish you had a Linux version. FMS is the only reason I still saved my Windows partition. Many times I've wished I could just fire up FMS while at work on my Linux laptop.

Quinn
qcoldir

Postby deadking7 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:10 am

deadking7

Postby Rescue9 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:00 pm

Just wanted to Keep this post alive. Last posting was back in october. I am one of those who loves FMS and hates windows. It it weren't for FMS, I would already have dumped my windows drive and made the switch.

Has any progress, other than planning, taken place to make the jump to linux?

Information I found: There is a module that Martin Dressler, created to interface a FMS style parallel port cable to Flightgear. It works great, though a little change had to be made to the joystick.xml file in flightgear for the rudder to be recognized. His web page is

Keep us updated on the Move tolinux please!

Rescue
Rescue9

Postby qcoldir » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:34 pm

Me too. Just want to keep this thread going. I wish you had a Linux version...
qcoldir

Postby viper » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:24 pm

I would be very interested to see a linux version of FMS. I am a linux developer and would be willing to donate some time to porting.
viper

Postby Slowhand_47 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:34 am

Just to keep this thread alive... a linux version would be *great*! In fact, FMS is ATM the only program which requires me to boot Windoze.
Slowhand_47

Postby Sturdy Birdy 10 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:37 pm

LInux is free right? Where could I find it?
Sturdy Birdy 10

Postby dieter » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:38 pm

please make fms for linux and opne source!!!!
dieter

Postby kacper » Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 am

kacper

Postby Slowhand_47 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:37 pm

Well, a really old thread... I've already pushed this thread once, a while ago...

If anyone's still looking for an open-source cross-platform R/C simulator, please give CRRCsim a try: . Especially if you're a developer: we need a lot of help. Currently we're re-implementing large parts of the graphics engine, and the feature request list from the community is growing... CRRCsim is written in plain C++, using OpenGL and some cross-platform libraries to make it run on Linux, MacOSX and Windows. The source code is freely available through SourceForge.

And yes, you can still use your FMS PIC cables.... :;):
Slowhand_47

Postby brvno » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:41 pm

I was lokking for information about futue version of FMS and me question is if is planed use engine from Quake3 witch is available now.

and question Slowhand_47 - do you implementing this engine? :)
brvno

CRRCsim

Postby rtwas » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:12 pm

rtwas

Help offered

Postby gymhaan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi,
I just registered to this forum to offer my help on a possible linux portation of FMS. I am a computing teacher teaching delphi / kylix at a German school.
I also coach a model plane course in the afternoon with 20+ kids in the age of 10-16. There we use FMS on a Win2000 system, which is the only 'Microsoft computer' I use at all. I would love to switch this last computer to linux, too and I want to offer my help to keep this dream going !
I am no guru, but I could use this subject for a programming project with my computing students and there are freaks, I promise :D

Greetings
Roland (Gymhaan)
gymhaan

Postby hcrealdeal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:09 pm

It seems to me that there are lots of people willing to help code a version for Linux, which I would also enjoy as so far this is the only program that I switch back to Windows for(as of right now). Though I don't think that we will see much of any improvement as FMS isn't open sourced and as more and more people switch to Linux, there is going to be even less usage of FMS. I would love to see a port for the original xbox also, would love to fire it up just like my emulators that run on the xbox.

Ahh, wouldn't it be great to apt-get fms?
hcrealdeal

PreviousNext

Return to Comments and Suggestions