[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS multiplayer

FMS multiplayer

Postby bronxbombr » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:19 pm

How bout a multiplayer in FMS like G2 you can link up on LAN or Internet. That would be soooooo kewl :p
bronxbombr

Postby grampa » Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:34 am

thats the stuff dreams are made of gotta happen some day hope I"ll be there
grampa

Postby korbinian » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:32 pm

korbinian

Postby TopGunFMS » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:37 pm

If MSN Zone would would add a section on for FMS it would be as simple as connecting two computers. (Well, ya also need the software to support 2 seperate planes flying with seperate contolers.)
TopGunFMS

Postby red91sit » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:42 am

I CA'd my head to my pillow!
red91sit

Postby lego » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:50 am

Would be great to have then downloadable models. so if one enters a session all who dont have his model get it downloaded. with the average size of 100K for a model it should last only seconds! :)

I think it is then important that all models are stored in individual folders, so one can remove them later easily (if it is crappy). :p

It would be the greates feature ever, if you could make online-rc-combat! :D :D :D
lego

Postby adi » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:54 pm

that's will be great!!!!!!
check out my website for cool models
adi

Postby fms_lover » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:26 am

i say that sounds like the greeatest ever hey you know what u could do you could race and have heats of aero batics and u could attach guns to planes and have missile oh hang on we are getting a bit to unrealistic here
anyways hurry up and bring the new version of fms out please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D
every day is a new day wake up and play FMS
fms_lover

Postby WingedBird22 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:27 pm

Mutiplayer FMS.....Yes it would not only make it A WHOLE lot more fun but also make it more realastic. More Realastic because well sometime...or often your flying with other people in the air....and in a sence well You could have r/c combat...wich i have never seen......it could be cool but the words "r/c combat" really make you look foward to fireing rubber bullets all over your friends alierons so they pop off and the only way for him to land is to use his rudder to fly around and around untill he runs out of gas and comes falling to the ground. And to make it cooler when u run out of gas a bunch flamable materiel and liquids pour into the inside of the plane and catches fire by a lighter so the plane falls to the ground on fire then explodes on the runway exploding off a wing of a plane that almost got off the ground... then the one wing plane slowly catches fire....until it reaches the engine and the engine goes BAM!.... and evryone not flying a plane.......they just came for the fireworks.
I takeoff planes.....I fly planes.........I land planes....but mostly listen to the often sound of snaping balsa
WingedBird22

Postby red91sit » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:52 pm

Hmm what about bottle rockets too shooooooo and then there could be some duds too that blow your wings off :) and foamy 757 bombers that drop net like deals above the enemy base to get there motors all wrapped up in them so they can't take off and then...
I CA'd my head to my pillow!
red91sit

Postby WingedBird222 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:15 pm

anyway Michael..... do you ever plan to make FMS multiplayer......it would bring more people to FMS im sure.....maybe but are you?
WingedBird222

Postby Danth » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:31 am

FMS ONLINE would be just perfect!!

The best simulator for sure!!
I am Delphi/C++/Kylix/VB programmer, if you need help (I don't think you will), I'm here! =-]

Seyaa!
Danth

Postby dwizeno » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:05 pm

I don't like the idea of downloadable airplanes unless they exist of a text file containing only the sprite definition, witch then can be parsed by FMS.
This to avoid introduction of viruses. Win32 OS's are noctoriously vunearable to these criters.
dwizeno

Postby lego » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:01 pm

Well, the FMS models just exist of an geometry file and a parameter file. where do you want to hide executable code in that??

And you think surfing the net with you Linux or Win32 System is safer?
(Please keep in mind: Linux is NOT safer against viruses, as all the other OS! The only fact is that obviously the target group of Linux users is not in the virus programmer's focus)

And btw.: I think that RC-fans are not really the target of the usual virus programmers, because compared to the overwhelming mass of other users we are only a few...
The hacker's efford would much too high and the targeted user group is much too small...
lego

Postby trvo » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:57 am

Hey,

I'm all for FMS Multiplayer, It shouldn't be that hard to do, it's quite simple in VB, I haven't tried it in any of the other programming languages as VB is my primary. Seems like a brilliant idea!!

Can't wait for the next version :-)

Kind Regards - Trvo
Please Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. We do however concede that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced. Visit My Website at: http://www.freewebs.com/fmsusers/
trvo

Next

Return to Comments and Suggestions