[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS multiplayer

FMS multiplayer

Postby Scarz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:37 am

Me and my buddy had REAL Rc combat today, lol. I missed him by inches. It was a blast, we had a good laugh. Would of been pretty cool to slice through his wing :p

Its much harder than one might think, to have an "air 2 air" collision. Someone might say "the object is; not to have a collision" but what fun would that be?

There are a lot of variables to send & receive;
x, y, z, pitch, yaw, atitude, speed, PlayerNames/position, maybe a timer too, and chatting. Those are just the basics.

Then a central server would be needed, where the game lobby could be moderated & monitored for inappropriate behavior,(safe for the kids).

A host/client interface would need to be created.

As far as models go, these would either have to be downloaded before the start of the game, or a late joiner might be stuck with the default plane, like the "SU-26", until the next round starts.

Lets say it has a max of 8 players, where each player could create a bmp/avatar of himself, thats applied to a player position object in the game.

it would need only the player ground position view, no chase view, otherwise go play flight simulator.

Wow! sounds like a lot of work. all for what? just to fade away into cyberspace, like most multiplayer games. lol.

It would be cool though... but, most likely just a pipe dream. :cool:
Scarz a.k.a. Scarakus
New Mirror http://scarz.altervista.org/Index.htm
Scarz

Postby Slowhand_47 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Slowhand_47

Postby sommdavi » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:05 pm

hello
Ii think, the idea of a multiplayer-edition of the fms-simulater is very great...
it could a) make more people play it and b) it's a bit more exciting for the "old" players

but if it's getting a shooter game, it wouldn't be the sense, that fms is made for and it's getting boring
But slope-combat or pylon racing... why not?

dave

__

sorry for my bad english, but i'm from switzerland and learn it just since 2 years...
sommdavi

Postby pe_mitev » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:46 pm

I also thing the simulator could have multiplayer.
pe_mitev

Postby Wyu » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:43 am

Hi there I'm new to FMS but I think multiplayer would be SO COOL OK!!!
Just pic this ok-----------2---232CAP's hovering right next to YOU!! :D SO COOL!!
Wyu

Postby Airshow_lover » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:58 pm

I Would LOVE to have multiplayer on FMS

Great sim. Good job designers.
it's ME!!!
Airshow_lover

Multiplayer would be fantastic!!!

Postby fireman7679 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:17 pm

I have used FMS for years. First to learn to fly and then as a teaching tool for my Father, brothers and wife. Some of the most fun I've had flying RC has been combat and formation flying or all-up-last down competition with them. If a multi-player (online) FMS version could be introduced I belive it would be extremely popular and well worth the time. It seems that several programmers are willing to help. I personally do not have the skills required, but encourage the development of this addition to an already fantastic program. Thanks to everyone who has supplied models, landscapes and especially the program itself!
fireman7679

multiplayer fms?? kool!!!!!! lol

Postby merseyless » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:30 am

if someone could find a server to do this it would be so cool!!! i got fms because i had a fairly bad computer and i wanted a fs. i eventually found this and never looked back! extra guns and whatnot added to these planes would be so cool just so long as you can have follo kam and use your joystick buttons/trigger 8) .
i would like to help try make it but the only programming language i know is MS-DOS. cant wait for the next version of fms!!!!!!! :roll:
merseyless

Postby hcrealdeal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:27 pm

I think like the ParkZone add-on where when you 'hit' someone it would kill their throttle for X seconds. That would be pretty sweet.
hcrealdeal

Postby AussieJay » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:40 am

how about LAN only?

then me and my friends can play! a server is too hard to make...

AussieJay

Postby Lewie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:56 am

Lewie

well...

Postby merseyless » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:25 am

look at the homepage for this website.

the thing hasn't been updated since 2005

i think the designer has given up on fms, oh well.
merseyless

FMS multiplayer

Postby mehrad » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 pm

mehrad

Re: FMS multiplayer

Postby KEW » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:20 pm

I have read all of your comments on multiplayer with much interest and some amusement. Those who have really flown R/C know that when you are controlling a plane in the air you have "tunnel vision". You concentrate all your senses on your plane and find it very difficult to know what is going on around you. When you are ready to land, you have to risk breaking your concentration to check that the runway is clear of others. In a multiplayer environment, you woud barely be aware of any other planes in the area. You would only notice them if the crossed your narrow field of vision.

In R/C combat and pylon racing, the most essential part of your vision is deapth perception. This is totally lacking in a flight simulator. This makes both of these alternatives most impractical. I tried a pylon course. The only way you can tell where the plane is relative to the pylons is by watching the plane's shadow on the ground. When you do this, you lose orientation with the plane's attitude.

If you were anticipating using the "chase camera" mode, it would make far more sense for you to use a combat or racing flight simulator. This is, after all, a R/C flight simulator.

By the way, I have, over my many years of flying R/C, had two unintended collisions in the air.

KEW
KEW

Re: FMS multiplayer

Postby OldNoob » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 am

OldNoob

Previous

Return to Comments and Suggestions