Simulation model

Simulation model

Postby SwedishWings » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 am

Does any body know how FMS simulates the models? Have anything been written about it?

Thanks,
Mike
SwedishWings

Re: Simulation model

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi!
To my knowledge there is no technical documentation available, just the occasional deduction from observed behaviour. Though I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby ggunners » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

As TreeHugger says, it is all conjecture by those of us creating FMS models.

With the FMS 2.7 .par file, a lot was hidden. Much more was exposed with FMS 2.8 .par file.

Study the .par file to get some ideas of how things work. FMS 2.8 uses an auto mode for wings which divides each wing into 4 sections and calculates the effects of those sections using a single airfoil POLAR. You can use the manual mode to assign each wing section a specific airfoil POLAR.

Of great help for digging into the .par file is Mr. Masuoka's ParEdit program. There are several side calculations he uses to show how he derives .par file variables.

We suspect that FMS calculates all the vectors for specific components and then sums them to get the correct position and direction for the model at any given time. Of course, I could be wrong too. ;-)

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby chuckiejones » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 am

I cannot get Win 8, win7, nor win vista to recognize either of two RC simulators, E Sky or Dynam devices. The USB device is not recognized. Help?
chuckiejones

Postby ggunners » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm

If the USB device is not recognized, I would say it may be a bad device or you have a bad USB port or need a powered USB hub to provide power to the device.

Try another port on your computer first.

If Windows does not see the device, it will not work. FMS can be controlled by the keyboard to prove FMS is working.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions