[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Supplied models with Alpha 8.x

Supplied models with Alpha 8.x

Postby Ken Rusnok » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:07 am

I've recently downloaded and ran both Alpha versions 8 and 8.1. First of all, great graphics!

Until I get the serial PIC hardware alive, the keyboard is still used, and have a few comments about three of the planes:

Transall:
No Ailereon control ("J" and "K")
(Great twin sound on it by the way!)

SU-26:
1. No restart after throttle off ("H")-- intentional? Realistic for gas/glow, but not electric.
2. Seems to be a mix of right rudder or aileron with full up elevator, as it pulls to the right. I thought it might just be a good torque simulation as airspeed falls off, but have seen the same thing looping after a long dive with throttle off.

Pitts:
No restart after throttle off ("H")

I know comments are already posted about being unable to run older designs due to the new .par file format, but we will patiently wait for whatever file conversion is required (either a separate exe or decision code within FMS). I write code for a living and respect that it's rather difficult at times to write (and debug) it according to a schedule. Since this is freeware, I guess this is done as a personal project, and you guys have to make a living and spend time with your families. We'll wait.

You continue to supply us with a great sim, thanks.
Ken Rusnok

Postby Ken Rusnok » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:01 am

With the exception of converting older .par files to the new format for Alpha 8, please disregard the previous model comments. After taking a closer look at the new .par files, things are a little clearer. For example, Transall IS defined as a 3 channel ship.

Thanks.
Ken Rusnok

Postby Tsutomu Mabuchi » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:01 am

:)

I encountered the same ploblem about throttle(the engine completely stops at the lowest stick position) with Alpha8.1.
So, I slightly up the throttle trim, then I got a good idle with the stick at the lowest position.the engine does not stop.
Please try it.
Tsutomu Mabuchi

Postby Ken Rusnok » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:25 am

Tsutomu Mabuchi,

Roman Moeller has commented on two ways to keep the engine idling. See his reply to GFK on Feb 05.

Ken
Ken Rusnok

Postby Tsutomu Mabuchi » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:36 am

Ken,

Thanks, I saw his reply. I got to be wiser. :)
Tsutomu Mabuchi

Return to General Discussions