[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - accumulative wishlist - a wishlist

accumulative wishlist - a wishlist

Postby TopGunFMS » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:12 pm

I have been looking through a lot of the topics and here are some things which I think would make FMS the ultimite model flight sim!

Essentials
1. ground stearing
2. more realistic rudder movement
3. breaks
4. ground textures (Plane would have smooth take off on runway, but on grass possibly tilt or even go over nose first.)
5. fuel intake/battery usage (for example, the su-26 maybe can run for 26 min. at full throttle, and then it needs to be brought back to runway for refuel)
6. in game problems (such as loosing engine power or having a controle not respond) (would need to be able to be switched off for people who just wanna fly)
7. stress damage (such as wings being torn off)
8. a remote range so if you fly the plane out to far you loose it
9. when the plane is on the ground I noticed you can actually go up mountains, but the plane never tilts, one wheel just stays suspended, maybe the plane could be able to tilt so that wouldnt happen, along the same lines, it would be nice if the gravity could be altered so that it would require more power to go up a mountain then to go on flat ground.
9. Things such as retractable flaps and retractable gear so those of us with the fancy planes can learn how to fly them right.
9. This one I believe is the most important... a burger stand for when we get hungry flying! :D

Bells and whistles
1. smoke trail/color trail (color trail would be something like a line comming out of the plane stretching from one wing to the other, the top of it blue and the bottom red so you can trace exactly what your plane did)
2. low fuel/low battery warnings
3. a remote range so if you fly the plane out to far you loose it.

As of now FMS is the best model flight sim I have ever seen and I believe it will remain that way, these are just a few suggestions to better the sim and make it as realistic as possible. :D

Wow, I am GREEDY for a newbie! :0
TopGunFMS

Postby ggunners » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:48 pm

My wish list is something simpler. I'd like to record controller settings for each model. So perhaps a rudder only model uses the same channel for turning as an aileron model. Some planes get exponential, others do not. I'd guess that you'd want to add those items to the .par file or create an .ini file for each model.

Just something I've thought of that more easily reflects model settings in computerized transmitters.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby dukkflyer » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:44 pm

My wish list would be...
1.to be able to directly load .mqo (metasequioa) files into FMS
2.i agree with TopGunFMS is saying stress breaks.
3. retractible landing gear
4. Hmm, when just your wing hits the ground and the plane does not hit the surface directly. then just the wing would break off and the plane would spiral off.

Thanks,
dukkflyer
dukkflyer

Postby lego » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:24 am

I would like to add these points to the wish list:

1.) Multiplayer network-mode for at least two pilots with automatic transfere of models (maybe as a switchable option), chat and easy connection setup (lobby). Would be great if one could use existing lobby-software such as Hyperlobby Pro (freeware).

2.) Realistic wind simulation with turbulences. Would be impportant for training starts and landings.

3.) Visible rudder movements

4.) Combined with the network-mode I would like to have the option for f-schlepp.

5.) Scenery with destroyable objects such as balloons.
lego

Return to General Discussions