[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - change "beta 7.par" to alpha 8 .par"

change "beta 7.par" to alpha 8 .par"

Postby axis » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:19 pm

axis

Postby ggunners » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:34 pm

Axis,

No program exists for the change. Some folks have talked about creating one. It wouldn't be too hard as long as the Metasequoia model file is accurae. However, the new .par file although longer is actually easier to modify.

I've created a Excel that helps explain the file and helps you figure out how the .mqo file can be used to create a new alpha8 .par file.

You can also create a new .par file by taking measurements of an actual model. I'm working on a tutorial for physically measuring a model or using a photograph and a grid for measuring a model for alpha8 .par creation.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby nestofdragons » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:40 pm

Hallo Ggunners,

if you like some help in the making of that Excell file, just tell me. I am a teacher and the summer vacation is very near. I want a challenge ... and a tool to better create pars for FMS8. 5 (I am building my own models now and I could use susch a tool myself ;) )

I hope to create something that canhelp others to better understand the parameters and what they do to their models. I might help in the Excell-file and in the making of a help-file for the program. It seems that I can tell something pretty easy. My whole site is in that style, ... euh ... I am told.

Hope to help you ... and all the others.

Keep that brain spawning wings,

Koen

PS. I have a contact that might help in getting htat Excell file transformed to the right par-file. Do I need to contact him again or can you do that yourself?

Koen Van de Kerckhove
http://www.youtube.com/nestofdragons
nestofdragons

Postby ggunners » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:21 pm

Koen,

My has various tools for helping to create FMS 8 Alpha 2 .par files. I haven't quite figured out the POLAR section yet. If any of the information is useful, please take it and use it. The by Masuoka Hideaki for FMS 2.7 would be a great way to generate new .par files. I've no idea if he's thinking of an upgrade or not.

Best of luck in your summer project. If I can be of help, send me a message.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby nestofdragons » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:56 pm

Thanks ggunners,

I will try to see if I can make any improvements on those files. Euh ... improving will be hard. But ... why not try, he.

I will contact that person to see if he canhelp making that program to export a excell file into a par-file.

Koen

PS. Modelling goes better now, but those pars ... euh ... HARD WORK.

Koen Van de Kerckhove
http://www.youtube.com/nestofdragons
nestofdragons

Postby Yosito Sekiai » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:45 am

[quote="nestofdragons"][/quote]
Mr. Masuoka Hideaki made the program for converting a par file to Alpha8 from Beta7 as an experiment. :)
Here is it.
Yosito Sekiai

Postby ggunners » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:28 pm

ggunners

Postby Yosito Sekiai » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:43 am

[quote="ggunners"][/quote]
ParConv.exe became somewhat new.
Please download again.

sorry. I do not understand the formula of software.
Moreover, Mr. Masuoka has English weak.
Here is his homepage.

Click of here carries out the automatic translation of the page.

Automatic translation requires time.
Please wait a little.... :)
Yosito Sekiai

Postby ggunners » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:53 am

Thank you Mr. Yosito Sekiai.

I need to get a message to Mr. Masuoka.

His translation of the .x file to the .par file is using the wrong coordinate system.

In the FMS .par,

+X = forward
-X = rearward
+Y = right
-Y = left
+Z = below
-Z = above

Does Mr. Masuoka accept e-mail?

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby ggunners » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:34 am

Thank you,

Version 0.3 has fixed the coordinate problem.

Now we need 1, 2, 3, 4 or more MOTORs

We also need WINGs 6 and 7 for biplanes and other planes with multiple rudders.

Very nice. Coming along nicely

-- ggunners

P.S. I've sent some e-mails to Mr. Masuoka and he's let me know that the parconverter is just that. It's designed as a quick way to move a beta 7 .par to an alpha 8 .par. So there will only be one motor entry and 5 wing entries. If you want more, you'll need to wait on the alpha 8 paredit.exe.
ggunners

Postby Yosito Sekiai » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:55 am

[quote="ggunners"][/quote]
ParEditor & ParConverter (For Alpha8) was put on my homepage! :p

Yosito Sekiai

Postby ggunners » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:38 pm

Thank you Mr. Yosito Sekiai.

And thank Mr. Masuoka too.

Both are truly excellent programs.

I've found the .par editor helped me see how the .par interacts with the 3D model. I've since adjusted several of my .par files to compensate for dihedral and sweep.

Very nice. Thank you again.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby lcsaba » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:57 pm

lcsaba

Postby ggunners » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:20 pm

ggunners

ParConv

Postby lcsaba » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:52 am

Hallo G,

thanks a lot, first of all I wil not play with the ParConv for a while.
You might not remember, but some days ago You gave me advices to try Masouka's tools instead of Möllers ParEdit_8 V1.

Now my first FMS model, is flying with 7 .par file quite the same way as the RC model.

But the fact, that thre are no (or only some) limits of physics are taken into consideration at FMS, if 7 .par is used bothers me. Therefore I have already tried to copy and modify 8. par file of an existing model, but the result was wrong.
I will do again.

On the other hand there are two things which have to be explained.

First, sorry but without Your consent, using the ParEdit of Masuoka, enlarged the prop diameter value of Your alleycat (I have downloaded alleycat some days ago to see how a real fast model can be controlled). Nothing has changed as far as the maximum speed is concerned.

(By the way my model changeing the trust to 100, instead of 2, Newtons flies faster but this is not an acheivement but a problem or bug of FMS)

This can be expected with a real model (more or less; the effects are not linear), because the power of the motor is not enough to drive the larger propeller, but if this is true than more constrains are taken into consideration by FMS V8.5 if 8. par file is used. This might be the one of the reason of development of FMS 8.5.

On the other hand You said to somebody that as far as 7. par files are concerned even if .X file is the source of geometry only the CG is taken into consideraton as far as the positioning of the model, in standstill on runway is concerned, and the collisions with other objects has to be calculated.

But there are two facts. I have created my FMS model by Metaseq.
recently inserted a propeler, (it is an e-glider), and now the model is sitting on the ground, and the edge of the propeller (and the endpoint of the tail) is touching the runway, and loading the model into ParEdit_8 a lot of collision points are shown, those have to be taken from .X file because the 7 .par file has no data about them.

Has it been changed, and the definition of collision points are automtically taken by FMS as well, not only by the ParEdit_8?
You have said that since Your tutorial on 8 .par files was created a lot of things has been changed. You mentioned Paredit of Masuoka. But ParEdit of Masuoka has nothing to do with FMS only a tool to create 8 .par files.

The ParEdit_8 was developed by Möller, and if this program can calculate collision points automatically, it might be the same with FMS 8.5.

Best regards,

Laszlo
lcsaba

Next

Return to General Discussions