change "beta 7.par" to alpha 8 .par"

Postby lcsaba » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:34 pm

I am terribly sorry but the two facts are not true, therefore they are not facts.

I have seen collision points around my model, but the experiment can not be repeated.
On the other hand it is true, that the edge of propeller is just touching the ground, but it might be because the whole model is above the ground, and in this case even the 7. par file is wrong but I dont know why.

I will check.

Regards

Laszlo
lcsaba

Postby JPP » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:13 pm

I have copied the .par file from some FMS 8.5 model that is close to the plane I want to convert from 7 to 8.5. Then I rename the .par file for the new plane and open it on the par-editor which comes with FMS 8.5. Last but not least I move the collision points and other stuff (wings, motor(s), etc) to the right places.

This isn't very elegant way to make the conversion I think but it's interesting to testfly the plane between alterations. It is also interesting that when you get the wings and other elements to correspond the actual geometry of the aeroplane the flying characteristics tend to be quite realistic. For instance Spitfire is more difficult to fly than Tiger Moth.
JPP

Previous

Return to General Discussions