[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Compared to G3

Compared to G3

Compared to G3

Postby reptij » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:45 pm

Anyone ever compare this sim to the realflight g2 or g3?
reptij

Postby ggunners » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:29 am

RealFlight G2 and G3 cost more.

I can't afford them to compare them.

There are a lot more models for FMS. Some are very good. There are a lot that are just OK.

FMS is very good for learning quite a bit and the physics in the latest release are very nice including the wind option, better ground handling and much more exposure to the inner workings of the flight physics in the .par file. If you outgrow FMS and find that G2/G3 helps you get to the next level of virtual practicing, it might be worth the investment.

So far, I've yet to outgrow FMS. :)

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby reptij » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:12 pm

Thanks, I actually read over on another forum that the G3 flying physics are very unrealistic. So I think I will stick with FMS. The only real plus for G3 is the graphics, but if you download the additional graphics others have created for FMS it is just as good in my opinion.
reptij

Postby zwilnik » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:38 am

I have flown G3, G2 lite, and the nexstar edition. ( I only own nexstar edition.) I think that FMS is catching up to G2 in some areas like graphics and perhaps flight physics. This is only if someone who knows the plane takes it and edits its .par file though. I think G3 is better, but I have only flown it for 2 hours total. Plus the only plane on G3 that I have is the nexstar... just my thoughts. I'm not a big pro,eh?
Someone with a couple airplanes needs to move here!
zwilnik

FMS using Panorama's

Postby ddwaner » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Does this help FMS if the scenes look like this.

Clearin Pictures from my server, sorry if you missed them.
Last edited by ddwaner on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddwaner

Postby ronin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:27 am

ddwaner, which scenery is that? I have been flying Bad Schwartau and love these photo scenes. yours looks great
ronin

Lots of questions

Postby ddwaner » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:38 am

This is one of the scenes I tried when learning how to use the scenery converter. It is not a release for FMS by me and it has no Collision information other than a crash at the pilot (!!! I didn't do the panorama !!!). :?:
Here is a panorama I did do, I am working on scenes for Reflex and FMS with it.

I still have some clean'n up to do on the panorama. I may have a better device to do panorama's soon. It will do the complete panorama in about 3 minutes with no stitching and I can master the panorama at up to 1200 DPI, Super HI RES panorama masters. (Just takes time and a little money and a whole lot of technology development.)
(Just one more Pic)

Or two...(All FMS panorama Screen Grabs!)

Clearin Pictures from my server, sorry if you missed them.
Last edited by ddwaner on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddwaner

Re: Lots of questions

Postby rbrown3rd » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:07 pm

rbrown3rd

Ready!!!

Postby ddwaner » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Last edited by ddwaner on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddwaner

Postby rbrown3rd » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:19 pm

rbrown3rd

Postby lcsaba » Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Hello ddwanner,

Thanks a lot.
I am in a heavy debate about reflex versus FMS. I use and like FMS but the argumentum is, that the landscape of reflex is much more realistic.
This afternoon FMS forum came to my mind, and searched for reflex, the result was that I have find Your reflex to FMS conversion.
I have registered at the RC-sim.de and dowloaded Your 4H Camp, and it is working withouth any problem.

It is really fantastic.

I have two questions.

I have only a demo version of reflex and I had no idea how the following problem is solved. The landsape is based on real shots from a point.
The model can fly behind the objects like trees, hills in this case it disappears. The photo can show only one side of those objects. How can a chase function performed, and what can be seen from the other direction?
I have realised that You have solved this problem. The chase function is switched off if the 4H is loaded. I have no idea how is it done. In this case the FMS program itself should be modified because the SCN file has no control over the view function. Switching back to an other landscape, the chase is available again.

The other question, you stated that this landscape is free. Can one have other ones and pay for them, or those are only for You.

Laszlo
lcsaba

Questions

Postby ddwaner » Thu May 10, 2007 1:30 am

ddwaner

Postby TreeHugger » Thu May 10, 2007 12:46 pm

TreeHugger

hmmm

Postby ddwaner » Fri May 11, 2007 4:50 am

ddwaner

Re: hmmm

Postby TreeHugger » Fri May 11, 2007 8:51 pm