[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Nicer texture is the future?!

Nicer texture is the future?!

Nicer texture is the future?!

Postby zero » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:50 am

Hello everybody!
Do you know why the FMS is wronger than tha other simulator?
First thing: the real phisics, but now, this is not interesting.
Second thing: the graphics motor. The FMS will be nicer, when the authors (Möllers) creat a better graphics. They shouldn't have stoped in the lowless bmp fileformat. When they will make this part of the FMS, we could make nicer scenerys and models. For example: with jpg I can make more better scenerys. And limited objects (like tree)... I don't know, but I think that I can't make bigger the scenerys size now. This is the next problem. Multiplayer, warbirds game, and another idea is very useful, but who use these, when the basics problem don't solved?! We creat from the small simulator to bigger simulator, but we can't creat the bigest, best simulator without normally graphics area, textures, and enough 3D objects. I think, I say this sentences very easy, but make...! Please Möllers try to solve these problems! What do you do? Do you the next version? What's the news in the next version? Do you solve my problems? Please write every members and Möllers what is the first problem, and what's the second, 3th, 4th,...?

And the real phisics...I think this is a second big step to the top! And all people -who create something in FMS- will start making a new full realistic modell world! We help you, Möllers if you don't know something in phisics, or in another things! I met some people who programmer, and certainly help for you in FMS. (Sorry, but I live in Hungary.)

**I know this is a wrong question, but why not open source this programm? If this will be open source program many people help you, and you collecting the source parts and settle what write in the last source. This method is very well working example in Mozilla Organization (Firefox!). Please consider this!
zero

HELLO WOLD!

Postby zero » Wed May 10, 2006 2:32 am

Hey, why didn't reply this message?
All peoples went to the modell airports?
This forum is very slowly, or only my topic?
Please write here!
zero

Postby ggunners » Wed May 10, 2006 7:47 pm

zero,

Welcome to the FMS forum.

I think the physics in FMS alpha 8.5 is quite good when someone creates an accurate .par file. I've yet to figure out the POLAR parameters yet, but when I do, I expect to be able to better model more airfoils.

The .bmp files are a direct result of using Microsoft DirectX as the graphics engine. DirectX is pretty cool for the programmer because you don't have to do any programming, just move around a DirectX object.

Some people have already made some panoramic scenery that is very nice. I'd rather have a nice flying model than pretty scenery, but I'm sure other people like to have their own flying field as a background.

There are several posts and questions regarding "open source". Try the Search function in the forum and you'll find them.

All the best!

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby smcxx66 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:40 pm

I only got FMS for 3 months. I'm not very good with computers.
I flew RC years ago and crashed a lot of models.
I have over 20 R/C plans already
I'm trying to learn how to fly a heli. i scuff my rotor blade
on my raptor V2 just trying to hover...that's no good.
And it's not flying season where i live at the moment.

I figure out how to make different panorama landscapes.
All you have to do is serch for panorama images on the web.
There's plenty of 360 x 180 panorama, those fit perfectly into PF,
in the sphere. I have hundreds of photo panorama landscapes
You can crop these photo into 4 sections 1024 X 1024 and maybe do
a little art work for the top of the box also in 1024 x1024.
The panorama scene for FMS works just like PF
I learned this through playing with PF. All you have to do is
change the .bmp files. You can even use the .bmp from PF.
it's basically just a box or a cube..

you map it , front, right, back, left..but you keep the same name
that came with the orginal landscape you loaded. I use the ratty scene
as my master file, becuase it's in english..Just makesure you
put them the correct order.lol
keep the scn. file
Just give the folder a different name for your new lanscape.
It bascilly the samething when I color new skins for models.

some of the scene that got tranfer from reflex has an octegon
shap or something..You'll notice the top part is missing or no texture.
that's too advance for me right now. I think there's people trying
to do that right now.

nice looking models, nice looking scenes and par files for modles.
I'm all set. FMS is great..you just have to play with it or look into
it.

If i can get to working in the Vista with the texture it'll be really cool.
I'm lucky, i don't have any problems with my XP set up.

oh yeah. i didn't use those panorama scene at first becuase when you first
load them a white screen comes on. So i didn't bother with it.
All you have to do is click the GRAPHIC option, then just click OK.
Then the scene comes on.
smcxx66

Return to General Discussions