Par Help

Par Help

Postby Repoezessed » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:32 am

I've got a beta 7 plane and pardesigner.

What I want to do is make the plane go faster, roll (ailerons) faster, and loop (elevator) faster. There are a LOT of values in a Par file and I can't really figure out what values I need to change.

Can anyone point me at what to change in both a 7 and an 8 file?

Thanks
Chris
Repoezessed

Postby ggunners » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:39 pm

The FMS 2.7 .par, change the thrust (par item 2) in newtons number to something higher and possibly reduce the drag coefficients (items 10,11).

3.0 2:Tmax(N) Maximum Thrust

0.015 10:CDw(-) Drag Coefficient of Wing
0.01 11:CDb(-) Drag Coefficient of Fuselage

In FMS 2.8 .par, the thrust located in the MOTOR section of the .par is computed based on the motor displacement (cm^3) for COMBUSTION and motor power for ELECTRIC motors. For electric motors, the fastest way to more power is additional batteries. Also, increase (max) blocking current, and idling speed. Adjust one parameter at a time and see how the model performs. Always save the original .par with a different name as a backup.

COMBUSTION //Motor type = COMBUSTION/ELECTRO
15 //cylinder capacity [cm^3]

ELECTRO //COMBUSTION/ELECTRO
7.2 //motor voltage [V]
12000 //idling speed [rpm]
1 //idling current [A]
70 //blocking current [A]
1 //Gear ratio
1 //Gear efficiency
9 //number of batt cells
1200 //capacity of batts [mAh]
5 //internal battery resistance [mohm]

Faster rolls and tighter loops are controlled by the maximum deflection of the control surfaces, just like a real model.

For FMS 2.7, the items you want to change are 3,4,5 for maximum deflection in radians of the rudder, elevator and ailerons.

0.5 3:Drmax(rad) Maximun Rudder Angle
0.2 4:Demax(rad) Maxmim Elevator Angle
0.0 5:Damax(rad) Maximim Aileron Angle

In FMS 2.8, each wing surface (Flachen) has the control surface defined within the flight surface. The surfaces do not need to be in order but may have a comment telling you what each surface is supposed to be.

The amount of control authority is dependent on the max deflection of the control surface and the total area of the control surface, that is larger control surfaces have more effect on flight. So the simplest thing to change is the amount of control deflection in degrees.

Here is a left wing with ailerons, the simplest change is for "Maximum Angle [deg]". Using a .par editor is recommended for FMS 2.8 .par adjustments.

AUTOELEMENT
.5 //Angle [deg]
0.12 //chord length at the first end [m]
0.30 //chord length at the second end [m]
0.05 //chord length of the flap [m]
0.02 //start position of the flap [m]
0.29 //end position of the flap [m]
-20 //Maximum Angle [deg]
3 //channel

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Repoezessed » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:35 pm