[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Metaseq Vertex questions

Metaseq Vertex questions

Metaseq Vertex questions

Postby Repoezessed » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:51 am

I've been trying for about 45 minutes but I can't figure out how to select and edit vertices.

I need to be able to select a single vertex and move it. I also need to be able to select multiple vertices and move them.

I need to be able to select 2 vertices and join the 2 with an line/edge.

Thanks!
Chris
Repoezessed

Postby ggunners » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:26 pm

To select individual points in Meta, you need to control how Meta selects items.

1) Under the Command menu click the [Select] button. This selects individual items instead of using a rectangle [Rect] or an arbitrary shape [Rope] to select items.
2) If you only want to select points you can see, make sure to click the little button on the top line called [Fr]. This constrains selections to only visible ones so you do not select something behind what you are viewing.
3) Now, in the Edit Option menu, unclick [Ln] and [Fc] and only leave [Pt] selected. That constrains your selection to points only and will not select lines or faces.
4) Make sure the object you are working on is unlocked in the Object Property menu. Locked objects can not be edited.
5) Now click on one point, it should change color. Hold down the [Shift] key to select multiple points.
6) To join the points together, hold the [Ctrl] button and touch the [J] key to join them together.

Remember to use the undo key [Ctrl]-[Z] to undo any errors.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Repoezessed » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Thanks again! You seem to be the all-knowing person on here. Is there any chance you have an instant messenger program so I can just ask you questions directly? If you do, I'd really appreciate you adding me and sending me a message.

AIM: ReportALaBug
Yahoo: HVAC250000@yahoo.com
MSN: HVAC25000@yahoo.com
Repoezessed

Postby Repoezessed » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:22 am

Also, how do I make a scene larger? I'm tired of flying outside of the switzerland map.
Repoezessed

Postby ggunners » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Alas, I do not know about scenes or helis yet. I believe there is a starting parameter in the FMS scenery that sets the starting size. You may want to search on the terms in the scenery discussion.

Given the example: SCENE 500 250 50

This is a Quote:
"if I remember right, the first (500) means that the scenery has a dimension of 500 meters in each direction,
so the world is a square with 1000m x 1000m, the next number must be a divider of the first and gives the dimension of texture-field.
The third number must be a divider of the second one, and is used for meshing the world. The smaller it is, the finer the world is meshed."

Check out the scenery tutorials for more detail.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Repoezessed » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Ah.

Do you know what the measurement units are in MQO? When the tip of my wing is at X 150, what's my wingspan?
Repoezessed

Postby ggunners » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:03 am

I've used 0.01 times the unit count for my estimates.

So lets say your wing goes from -50 to +50 X, that would be 100 units in Meta, multiply by 0.01 and get 1 meter.

You can use a little utility program I wrote called the to do the conversion. It was the only way I had to calculate model data for the FMS 2.8 .par files before other folks created the .par editors.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions