[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Hooking up a 4 channel tx to my puter for the simulator

Hooking up a 4 channel tx to my puter for the simulator

Connections to my Futaba Tx..

Postby Hangarrat » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:52 pm

OK, nother question (probably has been answered somewhere in here, but being "old" I can't remember where..
Installing the 6pin female DIN plug in my tx... What are the connections? And, that blue wire, is that transfering the PPM to another spot?
Then, making up the cable, finding parts is a real problem, so, might buy one already made...
Hope you can help me on the tx mods...
Hangarrat....
Hangarrat

Postby phildc » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 pm

As already said, do it simple to start:

- A mono audio plug of 3.5mm in your TX
- The PPM signal to the center pin
- The ground to the outer ring

- An audio mono cable from your tx to the pc mike input

- FMS + smartpropo plus.

But first test your signal with the thermometer (RCAudio.exe).

Phil.
phildc

PPM signal spot

Postby Hangarrat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:27 pm

OK, but I'm still in the dark. (What else is new?) Where do I find this PPM hookup on the pc board? The picture shows a blue wire from the spot on the right, which I found, to a spot on the left, but this pc board is different than mine.. Or, is it that I just can't see??
Hate being a bother on this, but I would like to get it done.. :oops:
Hangarrat

Postby phildc » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:01 pm

Look if there is a NE5044 RC encoder chip.

The signal should be on pin 11.
phildc

Connection

Postby Hangarrat » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:00 am

Thanks Phil..
Is that blue wire that's shown on the picture already on it? or is it an addition to?
Gad, I knew when I was in the RCAF as a Radio Technicion, I should have paid more attention to my work instead of girls and booze....
Again, thanks for that information...
Hangarrat

Postby phildc » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:41 am

Forget the picture.
I will summarize:

Look for a NE5044 chip inside the transmitter.
Look for the signal on pin 11.
Take the ground on the minus of the battery.
Bring the signal to the mike input of a PC, by a shielded cable (the outer part being connected to ground/minus).
Use a virtual oscilloscope or the thermometer and later smartpropoplus to view the PPM signal first, and later input it to fms as a virtual joystick.

Phil.
phildc

Hookup

Postby Hangarrat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:21 pm

OK, got it almost done.. Now, while sitting at my desk, I remembered both my new transmitters have buddy box connections.. One is a JR Max 4 FM NET-B124 and the other is a new Spectrum from E-Flite LP5DSM with a buddy box connection.. (Got with the CX2 heli).
I take it, either of these could be used for my computer FMS??
Can I still use the simple hookup that you mentioned, on these?
Hangarrat

Postby phildc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

If they are setup in 'ppm', yes, generally you get the signal without any intervention. But see the transmitter user manual for any special settings that could prevent the base signal to be present.

Refer to TX2TX for the plug wiring.

Phil.

PS: smartpropoplus also decodes some pcm coded signals. Refer to
phildc

Postby Hangarrat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:47 pm

:( OK, here I sit, no control, plane just taxis down the runway and PLOP!
What am I missing..
Tx has had the conversion done, cord made up (easy way, mono cord and two mono plugs) Plugged into the mic jack on the puter, FMS is downloaded, Smartpropo is downloaded... Am I not doing something right....
I know, I'm a neusance on this, BUT, dern it, want to fly!!!!
Help! :oops:
Hangarrat

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 pm

You didn't mention selecting Controls/Analog Control/Joystick and then Mapping/Calibration then calibrating the Tx then setting up the correct channel numbers and other bits in that screen.

If you haven't done that then you haven't yet told FMS that you're trying to use a Tx. That's why it's ignoring you.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Setting up..

Postby Hangarrat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Ahhhh, see what old age does to you (74).. OK, tried that last site you mentioned about setting up FMS and have printed it off... Have to, cause I can't remember things.. As if you didn't already know, eh?
OK, back to the puter :oops: and click click...
Thanks
Art.
Hangarrat

FMS with Futaba

Postby Hangarrat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:32 am

OK, success, finally... Got all working, except for the throttle... Darn exciting when you get in the air and try to throttle down, only to find it goes faster!!!!! Must be my servo switch reverser on throttle,, Will try that.
I still would like to have all the models that I originally had on it, but forgot how to add these!
One particular model was the electric Park flyer.. Nice an slow and docile for this ole feller....
Anyone got an answer?????
Hangarrat

Connections

Postby Hangarrat » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Hangarrat

FMS 7

Postby Hangarrat » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Hangarrat

Previous

Return to General Discussions