[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - TCP connection with FMS

TCP connection with FMS

TCP connection with FMS

Postby Shammy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi all,

as you can see this is my 1st post at this forum :D

So

I'm going to create an autopilot for real models. There exist a few similar systems already made. Of course I think I should test it in "virtual world" first. The autopilot would connect FMS (by TCP, if possible), receive from it aircraft's location, altitude, speed, bank and other flight parameters, and send commands to it's control surfaces. Autopilot's user will be able for example to define a route for the model, maintain desired altitude, speed and/or heading, or put it in a .

So my question is:
Is there any protocol to communicate with FMS, to receive model's position and send to it commands about engine and ailerons/elevator/rudder?

If not, is it possible to add this feature to FMS?

Thanks in advance, Shammy

:roll:

PS Of course I will publish this program for free, if I finish it's tests :D
Shammy

Postby ÄlveKatt » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:34 am

I don't know much about programming, but I doubt FMS would give you the same telemetry to work with as whatever sensors you intend to use on a real model.

How will you get the model to know exactly where it is? Triangulation with more than one transmitter? Or have you gotten your hands on a military grade GPS?

(It would be real cool if you had a camera on the model and an AI that could learn to fly the craft rather than be programmed.)
--
FMS rocks. It will probably have saved me thousands of crowns in spare parts when I get a real RC-heli to fly...
ÄlveKatt

Postby Shammy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:06 pm

Shammy

Return to General Discussions