[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Pin out Futaba/Parrallel cable - found 2 different pin outs

Pin out Futaba/Parrallel cable - found 2 different pin outs

Postby fxf » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:19 pm

I am making a cable to conneect my Futaba (6pin din)
to the parrallel port. Problem is I have found 2 different pin outs for the Din connector. One set of instructions says
to use pin 2 for ground/ shield and pin 6 for the signal (goes to the base if the transistor) The other set of instructions (heliguy) uses pins 1 and 2 for ground and pins 4 and 5 signal.

Confused

Any Help ?
fxf

Postby fxf » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:00 pm

The following web site says to use pins 2 and 6 for futaba.

Heliguy says use pin1&2 ground and pin4&5 signal.

do they both work. So far I have tried the one at the above tmac site but cant get it to work at all.
fxf

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:10 am

I've made a couple of dozen interfaces for various people and every one I've made has used Pin 2 for the signal and the screen for ground. Some transmitters seem to like Pin 6 (the centre pin) connected to ground also.

Connecting Pin 4 and 5 together on some transmitters (but only the high-end one) switches the encoder on without the RF part. That's all it does, there are no signals present on those pins.

Connecting Pin 1 and 2 together is a bad idea as Pin 1 is usually the 9.6V power connection in a buddy box setup.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:20 am

I've made a couple of dozen interfaces for various people and every one I've made has used Pin 2 for the signal and the screen for ground (which is exactly what that site saysfor Futaba). Some transmitters, mainly Hitec, seem to like Pin 6 (the centre pin) connected to ground also (which is still exactly what that site says). The diagrams of the DIN plugs are confusing but you're o.k. if you use the LH one which is correct for the transmitter socket or, more importantly, the BACK of the plug where you're doing the soldering.

Connecting Pin 4 and 5 together on some high-end transmitters switches the encoder on without the RF part. That's all it does, there are no signals present on those pins.

Connecting Pin 1 and 2 together would be a very bad idea as Pin 1 is usually the 9.6V power connection in a buddy box setup. I once killed an expensive FF8 by accidently shorting those 2 pins.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby fxf » Wed Dec 25, 2002 12:33 am

OK, Thanks guys,
I got it working with pin 2 and shield with or without the jumper in pins 4 &5.

Seems like my real problem was that the shield ring was not making good contact with the TX.
fxf
fxf

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface