[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Jumpy Airplane Unable to Trim

Jumpy Airplane Unable to Trim

Postby Kent » Wed Feb 21, 2001 10:32 am

Hello Gentlemen:

I have been playing with FMS for a few weeks now and very much enjoy it, however, I am having difficulty trimming my airplane so that it will fly level. I have tried calibrating it many times but without luck. The plane is "jumpy" and needs constant correcting and controlling. I cannot fly very low or come in for a landing as the plane often seems to loose throttle and nose dive into the ground or "wing over" and crash. I can't seem to get it to fly level or straight no matter what I try. It has nothing to do with my frame rate as it happens even without textures, fog, or smooth textures on. I have a Pentium 233 with 163 MB of ram so its not memory related. I also have Windows ME, and a Futaba Skyport Six radio hooked up through my Parallel port. I have noticed when calibating, if I sit and watch the control levels in the "calibration" screen, they seem to bounce somewhat in a cycular fashion beginning with channel eight and working down to channel one, then back to eight and down again. I really enjoy the program and would be extremely pleased if anyone could offer some suggestions for fixing this annoying little problem.

Kindest Regards;

Kent
Kent

Postby hyperopt » Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:22 am

I got the same problem with FSM heli sim. The sim is picking signal noises which is very annoying when performing delicate manuevers.
hyperopt

Postby chumly » Mon Feb 26, 2001 2:25 pm

Yes, I have this problem on my PIII 550mz 128m machine as well. Any help would be appreciated
chumly

Postby Danny Dermer » Tue Mar 20, 2001 6:21 am

The problem is with the cable and not with the sim (i think).
The cable is not shielded good enough . Or not design good enough. I tried coax cable and it didn't help.
It's not consistent too. Sometimes it’s receiving signals/noises from probably the PC itself and sometimes it's okay.
Actually it helped me to fly my LMH , because on real life I found out that it’s not stable at all. So it’s a good practice.
Danny Dermer[br]LMH - 110,F20, P51[br]FUTABA 8UAP
Danny Dermer

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface