[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Timing Parameters in PPJoy - I can't get the full throw

Timing Parameters in PPJoy - I can't get the full throw

Postby marked23 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:19 am

I'm starting to see progress with ppJoy on Windows Server 2003. It's pretty much the same as XP in terms of config and drivers.

My problem is that I can't set optimum pulse width timing parameters in PPjoy. My best behaving timing settings for my Hitec Laser 4 are:

Min servo pulse width: 1375
Max servo pulse width: 1575
Sync pulse width: 4000 (or anything up to about 12000)

The timing widths of the tx are more like 1000 to 2000 and so I only get this tiny window of stick movement. A little movement deflects the servo a lot... It's just too sensitive.

I figured that by opening up the range to... say... 1200 to 1600 in PPjoy, I'd take better advantage of the throw and have a more realistic response. However, setting a timing range wider than 200 causes the virtual servo to "jump" past the end in sort of a wrap-around effect.

How do I get past the problem I'm seeing with the 200 microsecond maximum window in PPJoy?

Thanks,

-Mark
marked23

Postby deonvdw » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:02 pm

Hi Mark,

Inherently PPJoy should have no limitations with regards minimum and maximum pulse widths, nor should it have with the range between the minimum and maximum values.

One thing to keep in mind (and it may or may not apply here) is your system's latency in responding to an IRQ pulse on the parallel port.

- Are you sharing the parallel port IRQ with any other device?
If so you need to assign the port its own IRQ

What happens is you change the min and max to (lets say) 1575 and 1775? It is a range issue then this should also work, just with the position on the stick changed. It is possible that there is some weird integer overflow problem in PPJoy... but I doubt it.

Regards,
Deon
deonvdw

Postby marked23 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:55 pm

marked23

Postby deonvdw » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:37 am

This is now officially a confirmed PPJoy v0.78 bug :-)

I have sent Mark a new version of PPJoy and he kindly confirmed that it fixes the bug. It will probably be released in a couple of weeks as version 0.80.

If any of you need this version in the meanwhile please drop me a mail.

Regards
Deon
deonvdw

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface