[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - insife FUTABA FC16 ? - Parallelport-PPM-Interface

insife FUTABA FC16 ? - Parallelport-PPM-Interface

Postby Alain » Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:55 pm

I've a FUTABA FC16 radio with no trainer port ... Could somedy help me to find the location of the Rx signal inside the radio ?

PS : I'm not afraid to search it with an oscilloscope ;-)

thanks in advance
Alain
Alain

Postby johnhlong » Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:16 am

You need to find the series of pulses going from the controll section to the transmitter section. Use that as the output.

Then there is the signal level and polirity to figure out. :(

Would you like me to send you a picture of what the oscope picture should show?

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Alain » Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:36 pm

I've found a signal inside the radio and, yes, I would be interested to know if the signal looks like :
- pulses main frequency about 50 Hz
- amplitude : 4,7 V
- several pulses (one per chanel) inside the main period, the duration of the pulses is proportional to the sticks position
- reference is + 4,7 V, pulses are referenced to ground, when no more pulses the signal is high (4,7 V)

I am on the right way ?

Alain
Alain
Alain

Postby johnhlong » Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:23 am

Sounds like my older Futaba radio's signal train.

I connected that to the Parallel port and it worked on my Win95 machine.

When I tried to use it with my Joystick interface it didn't work. It turned out the signal was up-side down from normal. Since I have anothe transmitter that workd (It had a reversal switch) I haven't played any more with the Futaba radio.

I believe if I add one more transister stage to the interface )So it inverts the siginal) I think it should work.

What operating system do you use?

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Alain » Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:37 pm

John,

Up to now I've not tried to connect the Futaba to the PC. I think it will work since I'm under Win95.

When you used the Futaba, how did you manage to disconnect the RF part ? I've understood from the FMS manual that when the radio is equipped with a trainer port, it is possible to do it when connecting two pins together (3 + 5), but since I've no trainer port, I don't know how to do this with a FC16 ?

Alain
Alain
Alain

Postby johnhlong » Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:02 pm

On mine I had to take the crystal out of the transmitter.

Mine had a board I could un-plug but when I did the interface stoped working, so the only answer was to remove the crystal.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Alain » Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:29 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer. I've searched a lot on internet to see if the FC16 trainer module allows the deconnection of the RF part as the FMS users manual indicates (or seems to indicate for all Futaba radios ...)
In fact, it is now clear to me that there is no way to disconnect the RF part from an external signal sent to the trainers module. So I'll use your method : disconnecting the crystal !

thanks again
Alain
Alain

Postby Olivier Gibon » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:11 pm

Hy,

Check my website : the answer is there : you need the Ground and OUT signal as named in the site.
Olivier
check my website about buddy box and compatibility problems :[br]http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX
Olivier Gibon

Postby Sigge » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:37 pm

Sigge

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface