[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problems with Parallel Port Interface

Problems with Parallel Port Interface

Postby Arag_ » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:46 pm

Hi.
I just made the parallel port interface describe in that web:

But, it doesn't work. I dunno why, but i can't receive signal from my transmitter on the pc.
I'm using it on Windows XP throught PPJoy program. I have added the controller type Radio Control TX but when I go to my Game Device on the Control Panel, it doesn't detect any signal.
What's the problem?
Thanx in advance,
Jose Carlos
Arag_

Postby Arag_ » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:50 pm

I forgot to say I have tried with a JR X-3810 emitter the test with the interface.
Arag_

Postby flierman1945 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:50 pm

I made the fms paralel interface using the single transistor, and it is crap.This circuit just won't work for me. If you scope the output, you will see the signal from the ff6 falls to nearly zero. It needs to be up near logic 1 just under 5 volts. I decided to make my own small circuit, basically 2 n3904 transistors coupled with 10k resistors and fed via 4k7 resistors with a 4v7 zenner accross the output as a trap. Result, a perfect output and it works great.
One other point, there have been various posts about ATI video cards not working well with FMS I run win xp and have a radeon 9200 128 meg video card. The driver is one released last year. FMS runs works well, but I decided to update the the latest ATI driver set. This was a disaster fms ran at only 3fps. Tried several changes to settings, but in the end returned to this driver 6.14.10.6476 25/08/2004.
flierman1945

Postby HNODR » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:38 pm

@flierman1945
Sounds like having the same problem ! My sender however is a chinese e-sky but I could probably use your circuit. Could you please show a little picture of your circuit or describe a bit more detailed?

Yours Uwe and thanks !
HNODR

Postby HNODR » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:51 pm

HNODR

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface