[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - No signal on the parallel port

No signal on the parallel port

Postby Alban » Wed Feb 28, 2001 5:40 pm

I have realize a parallel port on a Europa Sprint like it is writing on the Manual ( 680 Ohm and a Z-Diode).
But when I want to control withg my transmitter , FMS says I have no signal .
How can I solve this problem ?
Alban

Postby Emanuele » Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:57 am

I have the same problem, but only on a modern computer. The parallel of an old laptop recognize the signal, the parallel of a new one does not.
I think the problem is related to the intensity of the signal. With the z-diode config the output signal is about 3.8 V and i think it's too weak and not properly stable.
You can try to use another circuit based on a NPN transistor. In this case the signal is amplified and might work better. You can find the circuit at the URL: [url=http://www.freebox.com/rasmus-modellflyg/simulatorer/Transmitter_eng.html

Good]http://www.freebox.com/rasmus-....

Good[/url] luck
Emanuele Neri[br]Torino (Italy)
Emanuele

Postby Alban » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:13 pm

Thanks for the information
I will try to make the cable this week-end.

I will answer the result . As a consequence, I could be useful for other FMS' users .
Alban

Postby Alban » Fri Mar 09, 2001 2:40 pm

Great , the circuit described in the URL

works PERFECTLY with my parent's computer
It's a Motherboard PCchips and a IDT 200 MHz processor with a Sis 6326 graphic Card.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Now , I will try on my computer which is more recent.
Alban

Postby jean-marc.beaune » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:56 pm

Who's searching will find, who's asking will be replyed
jean-marc.beaune

Postby phildc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:36 am

In french, start with this:

TX2TX will be your reference for the transmitter connection.
I would advice smartpropo plus (last production version V2.0.3)with a simple audio mono cable, as simpliest system, but there are other solutions.
Make a search on these terms.
In case of problems or just to check your transmitter signal, have a look at:

where you will find the virtual scope on audio, the ppm thermometer, a.s.o.

Phil.
phildc

Postby jean-marc.beaune » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:17 pm

Thanks for fast reply!

I forgot to tell I'm under WinXP, so I guess I'll work PIC interface (as I feel comfortable with PICs).
And I didn't read the manual before asking the question (shame on me... :oops: ) but I saw the MPX Europa Sprint description.
jean-marc.beaune

Postby jean-marc.beaune » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:39 pm

Finally, I made it work with PPJOY. And it works quite fine!

Thanks a lot for your help!
jean-marc.beaune

Postby phildc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:26 pm

Ref PIC cable:

If you can burn a PIC, and your Tx has power available on the training connector and a PPM signal level that reaches TTL level, have a look at my PIC cable (link to all doc needed is in my signature).
If necessary, you could also adapt the circuit to take power from the PC serial port control wire(s), and add a transistor to raise the level.

Philippe.
phildc

Postby jean-marc.beaune » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:18 am

jean-marc.beaune

Postby phildc » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:05 am

phildc

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface