[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS parallel port and calibration problems - calibration

FMS parallel port and calibration problems - calibration

Postby petn4 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:37 pm

i'm using a gateway pent III laptop on windows 98. anyways i just got an FMS cable for mt 8UHFS tx, but i can't get the transmitter to calibrate. what am i doing wrong? any steps i might have missed?

what about the trainer function being inhibited? i made it active and held the top right trainer switch when i tried calibration, but nothing happened; it's like the transmitter doesn't even exist. u reading this Sean?

but what i need to know are the settings in IRQ and stuff. i do have them already at 378 and 7 IRQ like helihobbywebsite mentions. yes, i am in PPM mode and i have tried it with the transmitter off and on, and i have tried it in "regular" and CCPM mode also.

what about haveing the parallel port plugged in whe i boot up th ecomputer and stuff'? what about some settings in windows that may have messed with the parallel port?

oh, how do i test the thinig in DOS mode? why would i be doing this?
petn4

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:52 pm

I have detailed setup instructions for the serial IRQ interface on my website. You need to follow the same for the parallel interface. If all else fails why not make up a serial interface? Again details on my website. I hope this gets you running.

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Postby petn4 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:24 pm

i did all that stuff and for resources, the input/output range is "0378 - 037F" and the interrupt request is "07" so i set the stuff to 378 and 7, but it doens't work
petn4

Postby petn4 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:27 pm

anybody here able to get the futaba 8UHFS tx to work with FMS? :angry:
petn4

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:32 am

Yes mine has worked fine with a number of different interfaces. However I have had problems getting some of the parallel port designs working with any Tx. I always use the more reliable serial port version now myself. But have you tried your interface with any other Tx ? It's always possible it simply doesn't work.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface