[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - virtual joystick on parallel port - webpage now available

virtual joystick on parallel port - webpage now available

Postby Koen » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:24 am

Hello All,

for those of you who tried to mess with my little program enabling you to use your transmitter as a joystick on any windows program, the executable and other stuff is now available on:

I also made the updates I promised in the previous thread.
(I included 1 more: when you make the parallel port cable, you can use any of the control lines as input)
Koen

Postby kris_geusens » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:40 pm

Hi, I installed all under XP, PPJoy and your
program, it detects my transmitter but I can't
control anything with my transmitter, it looks
like there is no signal coming in, my
transmitter is a Multiplex Commander MC2010.
kris_geusens

Postby JCTrepte » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:03 pm

Hi everybody,

after some difficulties with PPJoy installation, I managed to install both PPJoy and Koen's TX interface, and it works fine. One thing is important: For my MC3030, I have to use PPM7, not PPM9.

Johannes
JCTrepte

Postby Gerhard Ferdan » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:28 pm

hello,
i tried first ppjoy and hadn't any success.
afterwards i found this thread and installed Koen's TX interface, but no success.
i also changed my mc3010 to ppm7 with no luck.

any suggestions?
any possibility to check where the problem is located?

my system:
windows 2000
ppjoy v0.77
parallel port configured as ecp/irq7/378h-37fh
mc3010

many thanks in advance
gerhard
Gerhard Ferdan

Postby Rodney » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:25 am

I have a couple of problems. I tried using PPJoy to use my parallel port cable for my transmitter in XP, and every time I try to add the joystick, it shows a message saying unable to verify the IRQ for the parallel port. I have the parallel port set to IRQ7, and it shows as working properlly in device manager.

As this didn't work, I tried Koen's interface to the virtual port, cause the virtual port installs fine. When I run main.exe it recognizes my transmitter, and says that it is now available for use as a joystick, but in FMS it does nothing. When I go to calibrate the blue bars don't move at all.

Any suggestions on either of these problems?

Thanks
Rodney

Postby Gerhard Ferdan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:14 am

hello again,
i made some furhter investigation with koen's interface.
it detects the transmitter but the readings are a little bit strange. Here is the printout:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Parallel port initialised succesfully
Joystick driver initialised successfully
Hardware timer ticks per millisecond: 3579
Waiting for transmitter to connect...
Transmitter detected, values on port are 127 and 63
Statistic PPM detection OK, values are 9869 versus 131
Using 63 as value for logical low
On try 1 We found 1 channels in the PPM signal
On try 2 We found 2 channels in the PPM signal
On try 3 We found 1 channels in the PPM signal
On try 4 We found 1 channels in the PPM signal
On try 5 We found 2 channels in the PPM signal
On try 6 We found 1 channels in the PPM signal
On try 7 We found 1 channels in the PPM signal
On try 8 We found 1 channels in the PPM signal
On try 9 We found 2 channels in the PPM signal
Max number of channels found is 2
Only using 1 channels to avoid glitches

Your transmitter is now available as a joystick

To end this program, press Ctrl+c
-----------------------------------------------------------

why does it only find 2 channels?
any idea?

greetings
gerhard
Gerhard Ferdan

Postby jaskel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:36 am

looks like the software page is down...anyone know where to get the software from??
jaskel

Re: virtual joystick on parallel port - webpage now availabl

Postby ariana66 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:03 pm

This didn't work, I tried Koen's interface to the virtual port, cause the virtual port installs fine. When I run main.exe it recognizes my transmitter, and says that it is now available for use as a joystick, but in FMS it does nothing. When I go to calibrate the blue bars don't move at all.

http://www.testking.org/350-018.htm
http://www.slu.edu/
http://www.vmware.com/
http://www.caltech.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Ag ... University
Last edited by ariana66 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ariana66

Re: virtual joystick on parallel port - webpage now availabl

Postby ggunners » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:04 pm

You should be able to find . Most folks have moved on to using the microphone connection of the audio card and . -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface