[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - windows xp - i cant get it to work

windows xp - i cant get it to work

Postby sokrrox » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:29 am

I downloaded FMS from a disc and followed the instructions that came with it. Once the program was downloaded the instructions wanted me to select parallel/serial 32 bit and then click the resources.

If I did click the parallel/serial 32 bit I was not able to select the resources option that would allow me to calibrate the sticks. The only option that would allow me to select the resources and mapping/calibration is the Serial PIC Interface option. If I select this option then it will allow me to select the calibration option, however I can not claibrate the sticks on my Futaba Skysport.

I went to the development page and downloaded 2.0 ALPHA 7.5.1. When i copied it over to the directory where the FMS program is stored and opened the file i kept getting the following error the upper blue section reads "FMS.exe - Unable to Locate Component" and then below it it reads "This application has failed to start because coldet.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". I cant tell you how many time I uninstalled/installed software this evenign, but I getting quite fed up with it.

If anyone out there can help me set this up I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advace

Chuck
sokrrox

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:53 am

If you are trying to use a simple parallel interface, they do not work with Win XP. You need a different I/F or a different operating system.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby popesle » Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:52 pm

I can also state that the parellel interface does not work with Windows 2000 and a Futaba 5 pin connector.

Dissapointed.
popesle

Postby gambarini » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:55 am

dear friend

i have same problems
what did you do to solve it ???

thanks in advace

gambarini
gambarini

Postby mbarreto » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:03 pm

Hey Fellows... same problems with WXP here... are any plans to support the Parallel interface in the future over WXP... If anyone has any thougths or suggestions, please, reply...

Thanks... ???
mbarreto

Postby Gary_Madrid » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:19 pm

:( I really am stuck, so it seems. I use WinXP and my PC (a portable) has 1 parallel port and a couple of USB's. NO serial port! NO joystick port!

What is the driver issue? There is no driver or no driver can be used?

Heeeelllllllppppppp....
;)
Gary_Madrid

Postby Mike Roberts » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:08 pm

Gary

All is not lost! Simply get a serial to USB converter and use the PIC Serial interface. I have a couple of people using my interface in this way. See my website for more info.

Cheers

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Postby mbarreto » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:00 pm

Hi!... dones anyone knows if serial interface will work with Windows XP (I mean, non-PIC?) ?

Thanks... :)
mbarreto

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:51 am

mbarreto, the non-PIC serial interface will not work with Win XP.

Gary, it sounds like your best chance is to get a USB interface. You can buy one from or build your own but it's pretty complicated, see thread in Joystick Interface forum.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface