[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PPJOY with FMS and WinXP

PPJOY with FMS and WinXP

Postby Miklos » Wed May 26, 2004 1:05 am

I installed PPjoy and have been trying to get it to work with FMS in WinXP. I have had limited success with windows seeing my transmitter. When I enble the debug under PPjoy global, I can hear the tone indicating the Paralles port is receiving a signal from the transmitter, and I can even hear the pitch of the tone change as I move the controls on my transmitter. However, when I try to map the controls, and hit the scan button under map controls, nothing happens when I move the controls on the transmitter. When I try to use the transmitter in FMS ver 8, it's appears not to see the transmitter as i can not see any of the bars moving when I try to calibrate the transmitter controls in FMS. Oddly though, when I go to game controllers under control panel in WinXP, the transmitter is listed as a joystick and I can calibrate it as a joystick by moving the controls on the transmitter just as you would for any joystick so it looks as though the transmitter is worknig under Windows. Why can I not map the controls under PPJoy or enable the transmitter in FMS?
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Miklos

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed May 26, 2004 7:52 am

It sounds like you have a couple of joysticks installed on your system. FMS can only work with the first eight proportional axis available. It might be that it is reading a disconnected joystick.

Under the joystick options (Control Panel, Gaming Options), you will see there is an option to change the controller ID.

Change the PPJoy ID to 1. If there are any unused joysticks, you might want to remove them from the list.

Hope this solves your problem.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Miklos » Wed May 26, 2004 9:55 am

Thanks... I'll give that a try when I get home. :0
Miklos

Postby Miklos » Fri May 28, 2004 8:36 am

Thanks Eric..... That worked great! Once I selected the PPJoy as the primary joystick under windows gaming options, I was able to configure and use my transmitter in FMS.
Thanks! :p
Miklos

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon May 31, 2004 6:23 am

Glad it worked.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface