[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Help!!!! WIN 98, software WON'T SEE Controller! - Help?

Help!!!! WIN 98, software WON'T SEE Controller! - Help?

Postby Skeetnut1969 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:01 am

Help, I purchased a nicelay made controller interface cable from ebay (a reputable seller of such)... I have an Airtronics VG4Dr, I can't get the software to see it! I have it plugged to my old printer port, as stated, but the rest of the directions seem vague, and the seller has not gotten back to me. (yet) I have tried restarting the machine a million times with the controller on, off, etc... I have Win 98, 400+ meg of ram, 550 speed processor,the software goes and runs nice, but just won't see my controlller. I believe it is on COM1.
:(
Skeetnut1969

Postby Eric Brouwer » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:21 am

First, check your BIOS. With the parallel port interface you need to setup the parallel port to ECP/EPP in the BIOS first.

Then, in FMS, set up the controller as follow:
- Connect transmitter to parallel port.
- Switch your transmitter on, without crystal.
- Start FMS.
- From menu, select Controls, then Analog Control.
- Select Parallel/Serial IRQ Interface, 32 bit VXD.
- Click on Ressources.
- Under Port, select LPT1, and click Ok.
- Click on Mapping/Calibration.
- Click on Calibrate.

If all is well, you will see the bars moving when you move the transmitter sticks. Follow on-screen instructions.

Map the channels to their correct functions, and if needed, select Inv if movement is in wrong direction.

Good luck.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Skeetnut1969 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:59 am

OK, I got it, I followed the advice someone else got here, and that was to set I/O to 378, and interrupt to 7, it works great! The only thing that doesn't work now is the A6M2 Zero, just sits there and "backfires" like Boom... Boom....Boom, won't move an inch! The rest of the planes seem fine! Thanks again!
:D
Skeetnut1969

Postby Nexus 30 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:47 am

Nexus 30

Postby Cuban Flyer » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:48 pm

Cuban Flyer

Postby Eric Brouwer » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:52 am

Hi Nexus 30

- Was the interface designed for a JR transmitter? Most problems with the parallel interface is when it's used on JR's. These transmitter output level are much lower than other types of transmitters.
- Have you set the parallel port to ECP/EPP in your BIOS?

There is no need to upgrade you PC (might want to plan ahead for a better video card later on). Have a look at
for setup instructions on the parallel interface.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Nexus 30 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:13 pm

Eric,

First, Thanks for the fast reply.

I guess the hookup and cable were designed for Jr, the outfit I got them from said they were. They plug into the printer port and Tx fine, is there supposed to be a transistor or something in it to boost the voltage? Just a few minutes ago I had it hooked up and the Tx was showing 10.3-10.4 volts in its window. I guess I will drag out the volt meter and check the other end of the interface cable, I think I saw a post about that around here somewhere.

Both printer port options; LPT1&2 are set to ECP.

Have been to Dr. Roberts page before, very good advice. Also moved modem settings as per advice by computer guy in town, will check them again to see if they stayed put. I always did love a challange and will get this working. Grrrrr..

Thanks again,

Jess
Nexus 30

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface