[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS Using JR TX Win98 Help Please

FMS Using JR TX Win98 Help Please

Postby Bonez » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:11 am

I downloaded FMS 2.0 Beta 7 and cannot get MY JR TX to control the planes. I am using a parallel cable hooked from my TX trainer jack to my printer port. Now what?

Thanks.

Bonez
Bonez

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:45 am

More information needed. Which Tx ? What cable design ? Was the cable specified to work with JR Txs ? Do you realise that you must have a fully charged battery and must NOT switch the Tx on ? Does it calibrate ? Do the blue bars move at all ?

JRs have very low signal level compared to most Txs and some of the cheap parallel port interfaces won't work with them.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Bonez » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:15 pm

Steve,

Thank you for responding so quickly. Your help is appreciated.

I am using a JR XP662 TX. The cable is one that I purchased for use with Cockpit Master Backyard Edition simulator. It works fine with that SIM. Hooks up to TX at the buddy socket and then to computer at printer parallel port. I just insert cable to TX and open Cockpit Master and it works fine.

I do not get any response when I open FMS. I can change planes from the drop down menu but nothing works on the TX.

Thanks again for your patience.

Bonez
Bonez

Postby marked23 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:53 pm

Are you using an NT machine (ie. Windows 2000, XP, 2003) ?
If so, then you may need to use PPJoy. PPJoy will make your tx look like a joystick to the OS... Then FMS can see it.

I've heard that FMS can't directly read the parallel port on NT, however your other sim software may. Hence the difference.

-Mark
marked23

Postby Bonez » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:57 pm

I am using a Dell PC with Windows 98.
Bonez

Postby marked23 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:17 am

Hmm... You don't happen to know what the design of that cable is, do you? Can you post a link to somewhere online that sells it. I'm just trying to confirm that this cable is the same as would be typically used with FMS.

For more info on building your own cable. I built mine from instructions posted here:
marked23

Postby Bonez » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:00 pm

Would it be easier to order this cable from Aeromicro?

And if I do, do I just hook up the TX then open FMS? Or do I need to reconfigure the printer port setting?
Bonez

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface