[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Airtronics Interface - Does anyone have plans for Airtronics

Airtronics Interface - Does anyone have plans for Airtronics

Postby Canadian » Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:23 pm

Does anyone have plans/schematics for a Airtronics interface, I have been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find any. Any help would be much appreciated.
:( ???
Canadian

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:56 pm

Try using the "Search" function at the top of the page. Your question has been answered quite a few times. The standard Futaba i/f works, it's just the trainer connector that is different.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:31 pm

I am not so sure about the airtronics interface. Yes if you have the RD6000 you are OK. This has the option of inverting the ppm signal and then works. I am not sure why. The interfaces should not be sensitive to signal inversion as the timing between positive edges is tha same as between the negative edges (positive when inverted). :)

My only failure in supplying over 100 interfaces was with an Airtronics Vanguard VG4R transmiter (analogue). :(

I tried getting a timing diagram from Airtronics in the US but they would not fax to the UK.

I would be delighted to work with anyone to understand this problem. If you are in the US and have a fax please let me know. I will tell you who to email and what to ask for. I am sure that with this information (or scope trace) that I can provide an interface circuit.

email and web below.

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Postby Canadian » Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:04 am

The Tx that I have is the VG6DR, which I think might be very similar to the VG4R.

Mike, about timing diagrams from Airtronics, let me know who to email and what to ask for. I live in Canada, but I have a lot of friends in the US that would help.
Canadian

Postby Canadian » Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:16 pm

Canadian

Postby johnhlong » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:00 pm

Mike,

I think you asked me about getting the timing diagram for you from Airtronics.

Send me the info on what you want and I will see what I can do.

Soor I didn't get to it before. Reading your post I see the problem you might have getting it.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:27 pm

Thanks John

I have sent you an email direct. Please also reply to my email. I do not get to the forum every day.

Cheers
Mike Roberts

Postby Canadian » Tue May 21, 2002 5:42 pm

I have managed to get my Airtronics VG6DR radio to work with my computer now. The interface is very simple, and there are a few different ways of making one very, and very cheap!!!. So if you have a VG6DR radio and are very confused on where to start and what to do, just send me a e-mail, and I will try to put some detailed instructions together for you.
By the way, I don't check my e-mail that often, so give me some time to get back to you. :D :p ;)
Canadian

Postby tater » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:58 pm

has anyone an interface for a VG4000? I've been looking but search engines are not resonding well.
tater

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:17 pm

All

Airtronics sets will probably not work with the parallel connector as the signal magnitude is too small. The serial interfaces should be fine. Alternatively a single transistor parallel interface should be OK.

I have just had the opportunity to get a Sanwa/Airtronics RD6000 transmitter connected to my 'scope. My PIC Serial interface works fine in both ppm and inverse ppm mode (no difference/re-calibration needed).

The RD6000 signal in normal ppm mode is 3v magnitude, based on ground with positive going pulses. In inverse mode the peaks of the pulses go to ground and the base level is at 3v. On this basis I cannot see why we have been having any problems with Airtronics sets. Both my circuit and the serial circuit in the manual should work fine. The magnitude might not however be enough for the parallel interface.

I would still love to get hold of a trace for the VG6DR analogue set as this is the only transmitter I have failed to get work in over 200 interfaces supplied.

:D Mike
Mike Roberts

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface