[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Airtronics Vanguard FM 6ch problem - No respond

Airtronics Vanguard FM 6ch problem - No respond

Postby yshimoni » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:20 am

I built a parallel cable according to the schematics in the manual, the only deference is that I used a deferent diode and … nothing happened. The Tx simply has no effect.
Any ideas???
yshimoni

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:29 am

Which circuit ? The "diode" in the one I'm thinking of is and must be a zener diode. What did you change it to ?

What operating system are you using ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby yshimoni » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:56 am

Thanks for the reply…
I`m using windows 2k and 98, no response on both.
I used a 680 ohm resistor and “IN46 88 639” diode, witch I`m not familiar with, and I couldn’t find its data sheet…
is the diode a 'must' ???
yshimoni

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:13 am

That interface doesn't work with Win2000. It should work with Win98 but only if you use the correct components. Using the wrong diode can damage the parallel port in the PC.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby yshimoni » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:36 pm

I`m having problems to find the ZPD4v7, is there any alternative diode that I can use ?? it seems that this part, made by Vishay, is no longer available.

thanks,
yshimoni

Postby Cuban Flyer » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:24 pm

try a BZX55-C4V7 this is 500mw 4.7 volt zener, if you can find this ask your supplier for a 4.7volt zener any reasonable watt should do it.

:D
Cuban Flyer

Postby yshimoni » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:44 am

Hi Guys, Sorry no luck yet, I`m using 4.7v, 500mw Zener diode with
3 resistors 680ohm as recommended, 640 ohm and 580ohm and
still noting happened.
Is there an easy way for me to make sure that
the Tx port is working correctly ??
??? ??? ???
yshimoni

Postby Cuban Flyer » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:54 am

Check your BIOS. With the parallel port interface you need to setup the parallel port to ECP/EPP in the BIOS first.

Cuban flyer
Cuban Flyer

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface