[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can not configure transmitter

Can not configure transmitter

Postby tmcke » Tue Jan 09, 2001 6:07 pm

When trying to use my transmitter, FMS2.06b is seeing the signal but I cannot configure the channels. When I load a model it automaticly begins at less than half throttle with out any surface control. Mysetup works ok in the DOS version.

Please help
tmcke

Postby Joe Fellner » Tue Jan 09, 2001 8:13 pm

Same problem...

Got MPX MC 3010

with 680 Ohm resistor

mfg
Johannes Fellner
Joe Fellner

Postby lvmarcoux » Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:00 am

I've seen this problem before. After much investigation, user pulled out all his PCI cards. FMS then worked properly. Putting the cards back one at a time, he was able to find that his sound card was the culprit. No fix found yet. He have to leave out his sound card for now, using a silent FMS. :(
lvmarcoux

Postby superfast » Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:03 am

Check the BIOS settings on your computer. I had the same problem at first, found out that the bios allowed sharing of IRQ address between 2 devices. My bios setup allowed me to disable IRQ sharing, then the problem went away.

Good Luck
superfast

Postby Joe Fellner » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:13 am

Thanks for the "fast" help...

I will try to change the irq of the par. port

good flight, good night *g*
Joe
Joe Fellner

Postby Joe Fellner » Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:11 pm

Hi Folks

It still does not work !!!! :sad:

IRQ 7 is only used by the Par. Port...
Changed it to 5 in the Bios, still found signal but no controll.

In the FMS DOS running the test programm gives after 2 succesfull tests the error "timer fehler" or something like that
Probably this helps...

Will the serial interface override this problem ?

Yours
joe
Joe Fellner

Postby Michael_Moeller » Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:25 pm

The "timer fehler" means, that the calculated and simulated time value isn't what the testprogram reads from the timer. The reason for this needs not to be a bad timer, because this check isn't coded very well, and above all under Windows not working always. Have you tested the program in plain DOS?

The problem is most certainly the IRQ. If the FMS does see the signal (this check is done without IRQ), but can't measure it, that problem could be the Interrupt.

Have you had a look at your Windows Device-Manager, wether there is another device using (or perhaps only blocking) this interrupt?

The serial port uses different IRQ, perhaps the problem would be solved this way.

Another reason for the problem could be a bad parallelport. There are said to be some ports, one which the interrupting doesn't work.

best regards

Michael Möller
Michael_Moeller

Postby Andreas Adler » Sat Jan 13, 2001 4:28 pm

Hi Fans,
I figured out that not all parallel-port's work
by the same way!
on some Computers it works wiht 680R and a z-diode,
on others it needs a Transistor (pulld up by transm.)

Now I'm checking out, witch interface works on all different
typs of ports.

cheers and always happy landings,
Andreas Adler (from Stelle (closed to Hamburg))
Andreas Adler

Postby Jeff D » Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:57 pm

Hi:
Having the same problem with my Gateway computer, Win98 and a Futaba T6XA transmitter.
FlyRC program works fine with the Tx.
I've studied the Interrupts and changed some settings, with no luck. Will try some more, but I will not take my computer apart like that other user did.
Jeff D[br]Green Bay, WI[br]jdumez@voyager.net
Jeff D

Postby Ulf » Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:29 am

Do you have a Sounblaster Live card? I had the same problem until I disabled LPT interrupt sharing in SB 16 emulation driver. You find this setting in System Properties->Creative Miscellaneous Devices->Creative SB 16 emulation.
Ulf

Postby Jeff D » Wed Jan 17, 2001 3:52 am

It works!!
Thanks, Ulf. Disabling the Soundblaster did the trick.
I was getting sick of that whiny noise anyway.
Jeff D[br]Green Bay, WI[br]jdumez@voyager.net
Jeff D

Postby Imi » Thu Jan 18, 2001 1:43 pm

I have the same gliches ~ 20% at all channels.
Own a Hitec Prism 5x connected to 470 Ohm + Diode +Zener.
In Dos mode, without sound, RCS JRC and FlyrRC works fine.
But in Windows all thease + FMS glitches a lot.

Shoud disabling the sb 16 support in the Live correct the problem??

Imi

Postby fredrikarnell » Mon Feb 19, 2001 11:40 am

if you just disabling the soundblaser 16 emulator you can found that some games or programs dont have any sound, but if you just disabling the parallelport irq sharing all will work like it should!!!

(Edited by fredrikarnell at 12:41 pm on Feb. 19, 2001)
fredrikarnell

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface