[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Cant get GWS and XP Home to cooperate!

Cant get GWS and XP Home to cooperate!

Postby waltj2k » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:07 pm

Hello my name is Walt.

I purchased a GWS transmitter and a parallel connector. The GWS has a direct in line connection.

When I 1st attempted to set up the controller. I got the "Error 10" problem. FMS wouldn't see any joysticks at all.

I then downloaded PPJoy. Then after making some changes to my device manager per the suggestions on this board I was able to over come the error 10 problem. In the control setup for FMS it now see any type of joystick. Either RC or Virtual control

Please help
waltj2k

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:05 pm

Sorry but I'm not getting it (haven't used PPJoy much). If FMS now sees your transmitter as a joystick what exactly is the problem ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby waltj2k » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:15 pm

Well. When I go into controls I select Joystick.

When I attempt to calibrate and move the controls there is no reaction.

I cant select the parallel 32 VXD. When I do all the buttons are inactive.
waltj2k

Postby alan_gbk » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:20 am

Dear GWS fans,

Guys, please give up to use the parallel port cable because it only works in Win95, 98 and ME. I consulted the technical department from GWS already and they will develop for 2000 and XP but you need to wait.

If you cannot wait anymore, try to look for "Smartpropo", it is freeware. It can works with FMS, Dream Starter II in Win2000 and XP. I am now fly (and crash also) without any problem.

First, prepare an audio cable, make sure it is registered, otherwise it will spoil your sound card (I use the JVC audio cable). Follow the instrustion in Smartpropo manual. Try this on your own risk. You may see some warning dialogue. Don't be afraid. Just do it. This will not cause any lose of your body but only money.

Remember to edit in Registry Editor. This is very important. Click "Start" at the Task bar then "Run" and type "regedit". Enter "OK". Change the registry by:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_045E&PID_1100]
"OEMName"="SmartPropo Game Device"
"OEMData"=hex:01,00,08,10,0a,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_045E&PID_1100\Axes]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_045E&PID_1100\Axes\6]
"Attributes"=hex:00,00,00,00,01,00,33,00

You must familiar with Win XP or just try to read HELP in Windows.

Paste the "Futaba PPM" in the folder where "FMS" exist (not in the Desktop). Open Smartpropo and tune in by its "Property". Remember not to close Smartpropo as long as your FMS works. Now you can play. Have fun.

This is the tips I get from Germany and Belgium experts.
Special Acknowledgement to Tsutomu SEKI San, the creator of Smartpropo. You all the best!!
Thanks guys.

Please feel free to contact me.
Alan Goh
(I am from Malaysia :-) )
alan_gbk

Postby alan_gbk » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:24 am

Correction:

The My Webpage is not my. It belongs to Tsutomu SEKI San
Here is the correction

alan_gbk

Postby alan_gbk » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:27 am

Dear all,
Try PPJoystick with GWS simulator cable. I works in XP.
alan_gbk

Postby alan_gbk » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 am

Try this link. I just found it useful.

alan_gbk

Postby outcastrc » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:07 am

Thanx for the link. I have been having trouble with my setup as well.

I made my own cable based on designs I found on the net. Installed PPjoy and was able to get XP to see the joystick without a problem. But I have not been able to get the joystick to calibrate no matter what I tried. I'll give that link a try when I get off work and see if it helps solve the issues I have been having.

Update:

Well it didn't help me one bit. I am not getting a signal from the radio to the computer... Not sure what I am doing wrong...
outcastrc

Postby alan_gbk » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:39 am

alan_gbk

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface