[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - WALKERA TX WORKING WITH G2 - Pics Incl to build cable

WALKERA TX WORKING WITH G2 - Pics Incl to build cable

Postby jaskel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:05 pm

Ok with some help from RC&Me yesterday I got my walkera TX working on realflight G2.

If anyone knows how to get it working on FMS please let me know..I cant work that one out.

Ive got some photos below to help yall build your own cable and have it working on g2.

OK, first up you need to figure out he SIGNAL wire and the GROUND Wire;

The SIGNAL Wire is the wire that is looking at back of transmitter, will be bottom left

The GROUND wire is the wire that is looking at back of transmitter, will be top right

Ok every S-Video Cable will be different interms of color of wires inside so just find the correct pin and trace the wire to the end you have cut.

Next solder a 10K resistor from PIN 10 to PIN 16 on the DB25

Then Solder The 2 legs of the transistor to PIN 18 and PIN 10 (with one side of the resistor)

Fold the centre leg on the transistor up ready for the signal wire and 10K resistor.

Solder a 10K resistor to the transistor leg you bent around.

Next job is to solder the Signal wire to the resistor that is connected to the transistor base.

Then Solder the GND line to the PIN 18.

Connect your casing of the DB25 and your done....

Then you will need to go to PPJOY and configure a new LPT1 controller and select Radoi TX go thru the setup it will install drivers etc

You may need to go into your bios and setup the LPT1 to EPP then reboot and also make sure in device manager that the LPT1 is set to interupt always.

The just go into realflight G2, select the LPT1 controller and select CUSTOM configuration and you are done..

You may need to configure and calibrate all channels to the ones you need like elevator, rudder etc...mine is working a treat.

I hope this helps as I know there is alot of frustrated people trying to get the Walkera TX working like this. SPREAD THE WORD!!

Big thanks to www.rcandme.com for his help, cheers Tim. This guy has all the parts for the walkera choppers and is a walkera agent. Check it out.

If anyone knows how to get it working on FMS please let me know..I cant work that one out.

Jaskel
jaskel

Postby B.J.honeycut » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:33 am

Hey Jaskel Great post very Helpfull.

I've made the cable and it worked with ppjoy. I'm also working on getting it going with FMS. So far it is working about %80. The throttle and rudder are swapped and the aileron only goes to the left.

To get it to this point I just selected analog controller, and chose joystick. You then calibrate the joystick.

I'm sure that the above problems can be overcome with a few tweaks.
B.J.honeycut

Postby jaskel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:05 am

cool...glad to hear...please keep us posted with how you go...I like FMS and would love to get it working.

Maybee admin can make this a sticky!!
jaskel

Postby B.J.honeycut » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:27 am

Got it working :D

Just Select joystick and calibrate with the following settings for mode 2 RX.

So glad to finally be able to use my Controller to practice in the sim. Thanks for your help.

B.J.honeycut

Postby jaskel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:57 am

no prob...mine still wont work on FMS....very weird....

I noticed yours says FMS Three Dee...mine is just FMS!! is there a different version?? mine is vers 2alpha 8.5.
jaskel

Postby jaskel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:11 am

ok...just relised it is the model u r using ;)

Still cant get it to work here tho...
jaskel

Postby B.J.honeycut » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:27 am

Yeah thats a bit weird....I built your cable and mine works with FMS :p
B.J.honeycut

Postby jaskel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

hmm...very strange......what vers you have of FMS?
jaskel

Postby B.J.honeycut » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 pm

Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5.

Can you configure your TX via the windows contol panel game controller setup?

What version of windows are you using?

I'm using XP.
B.J.honeycut

Postby RickstaR » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:02 am

hey, i bought the actual cable off a internet store but windows XP is saying that it doesn't know what it is.

S-Video to serial communications port is what the cable is

Anyone got any ideas where i can find drivers or something for it
RickstaR

Postby Lindsay » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:02 am

s-video has nothing to do with serial com ports. Post us the link to the Internet store item.
Lindsay

Postby raider352 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:38 pm

i cant get fms to recognize my tx.
i got a walkera tx just like the 1st one an a usb cable.
i calibrated the fms just like that but i dont see any bars moving AT ALL.

what else should i try?????
raider352

Need help!

Postby hunk_ktm » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:39 pm

I have a dragonfly 4ch PPM TX, and I want to use it with FMS on my laptop, problem is my laptop's not equipped with serial or parallel port. Its only got USBs. I have the same port as shown in the above picture at the back of my TX. But any help with USB cable will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Njoy!
hunk_ktm

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:25 am

supports any PPM signal as long as you have a Microphone socket.
shaul_eiz

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface