[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - JR XF421 Parallelport Circuit confirmed - JR XF421 Parallelport Circuit confirmed

JR XF421 Parallelport Circuit confirmed - JR XF421 Parallelport Circuit confirmed

Postby barthirst » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:52 pm

I have an XF421 JR 5-channel transmitter. I built the circuit here:

It did not work at all on my windows 2000 (win2k) machine. This is not surprising as windows 2000 and windows XP (winXP) do not work with the Parallel port-PPM-Interfaces (I found this out the hard way! ... then read it here)

However I was determined to make use of my circuit!

I have an extra machine lying around, so I made myself a DR DOS boot disk and put FMS151e (dos of course) on the floppy and booted up. After setting the Parallel port in the BIOS to ECP and making note of the Base I/O Address & IRQ Interrupts, I was on my way to alpha testing the circuit.

The first half-dozen try’s were unsuccessful, so I pulled the circuit from the back of the computer, and did a service inspection on my handiwork (the circuit was built on a little Solder less Breadboard... of course I wouldn't solder from the get-go!) Turns out I had the transistor mounted backwards, and a slight node error where the signal line goes to the buddy-box connector. I fixed these problems, and then re-rigged the circuit to the back of the computer again, booted up in ECP, and Voila! IT WORKED!! woo hoo. :D (Well this is the reaction you get after you first 10 attempts fail)

In summary:

The Parallel port-PPM-Interface described here:

Works with the JR XF421 transmitter with DOS operating system (it probably would work perfectly on win9x, ME etc. too)

My next project is to build a PIC Serial Interface. I will probably be buying a pre-programmed PIC as I do not have a programmer.

Thanks,
Bart
barthirst

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface