[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Parallel connector for JR XP652

Parallel connector for JR XP652

Postby rudi » Mon Jan 22, 2001 6:52 pm

I'm having a problem configuring my newly aquired JR XP652 to work with FMS (which by the way must be one of the best programs I have seen) Does any body have experience that they could share regarding the wiring of the cable. I see that it uses a minijack.

Any help and diagrams would be appreciated
Rudi Marloth
rudi

Postby Jeff Knickelbein » Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:02 pm

I have a JR 388 which has the same interface. What I did was use a LM393 comparator with a voltage divider on the the one input (0.5V) and the input from the Transmitter on the other via a resistor, using screened microphone cable. It doesn't really matter which way round you connect the 3.5mm mono jack.

You will need an external 5V to supply power to the chip, which you can get from the PC supply anyway. If you want I can e-mail you the circuit diagram. I have also sent the diagram to Michael.
Jeff Knickelbein[br]Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights made an aeroplane.
Jeff Knickelbein

Postby Michael_Moeller » Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:37 pm

I will make a collection of all the hints and curcuits I received online as soon as possible.

The curcuit Jeff mailed me is the following:

best regards

Michael Möller
Michael_Moeller

Postby rudi » Fri Feb 09, 2001 5:44 am

I Might have found the solutions to all your problems. and this on the swedish site of all places. I do not understand a word of what has been written but I must admit. the answer is there. Here is a URL of a pdf that explains in english how to configure a very simple interface. I built it in 5 minutes and it works fantastic.

http://www.freebox.com/rasmus-modellfly ... /xp652.pdf
Rudi Marloth
rudi

Postby Johan » Fri Feb 09, 2001 9:06 am

if you ppl need help when it comes to scandinavian (Norwegian/Swedish/Dansih), just let me know. I can probably translate most of it with not much hassle. I will try and look at the URL provided, and see what it contains.

I also got an email from Rasmus of (the Swedish FMS page) wich contained instructions to make serial and parallel intrafacees for most transmitters.

Johan
Johan

Postby XF622 » Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:41 pm

I tried the circuit at:

http://www.freebox.com/rasmus-modellfly ... /xp652.pdf

with my JR XF622. It worked for about 5 minutes, then stopped working. I hooked up my radio to an osciliscope - the trainer mode on the radio no longer works. Is there some reason to beleive that this circuit, which is for the XP652, would not work with the XF622? What is the difference this circuit and the one shown by Michael?
XF622

Postby rgarcia » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:42 pm

Will the setup for the 652 also work for the 622? I am very interested in trying it but don't want to toast my tx. I realize there are 2 setups currently being discussed in this forum, will either of them work on the 622? Thanks..

-Robert
rgarcia

Postby jr8103dt » Sat May 05, 2001 8:41 am

I've built the xp652 interface circuit today for my xp8103.
It works great. Unlike XF622's post above, mine continues to work although signals are somewhat jumpy.
jr8103dt

Postby m0cke » Fri Jun 08, 2001 2:32 pm

Regards,Jim Balls[br]
m0cke

Postby m0cke » Fri Jun 08, 2001 8:24 pm

Regards,Jim Balls[br]
m0cke

Postby m0cke » Fri Jun 08, 2001 8:39 pm

Regards,Jim Balls[br]
m0cke

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface