[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - JR X-388S Interface Cable - Help me Please

JR X-388S Interface Cable - Help me Please

Postby philipd » Thu Aug 30, 2001 2:52 am

I have been trying to build a cable for ages now and I am having no success, I tried the 2n2222a option and the zener D option, Running win98 and LPT port setup perfectly, I just get no signal. Is there anybody who can help me with an exact diagram for this transmitter, I am running out of strands on my head.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Philip

(Edited by philipd at 8:23 am on Aug. 30, 2001)
philipd

Postby Dragonfly7 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:05 am

Hi Philip,
Did you ever get your FMS to run with your parallel connector?
I'm trying to connect with a JR 388S also and am running win 98. I've read 14 pages of this 17 pages of Parallelport forum. I got fully charged batteries, ecp, I/O at 378, IRQ 7, set the bios, tried the txtest in FLYRC, disabled all printers, and still not a single shred of evidence that my tx is connected to the computer. Can anyone help?
Dragonfly7

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:14 pm

Which circuit are you using ? Only the ones with transistors ever seem to work with the low output of JR transmitters. BTW you do know you mustn't switch the Tx on ? That sets it into "listen" rather than "send".

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Mike Roberts » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:18 pm

Please bear in mind that the JR sets deliver a 1.2v p-p AC coupled signal. Hence the need for a different input circuit. Please see my website IRQ serial Interface page for circuit options. These can be applied to the parallel port option.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Roberts

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface