[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Hitec Eclipse 7 & FMS Interface

Hitec Eclipse 7 & FMS Interface

Postby iml2860 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:58 am

I have made the Interface cable according to the following diagram but I am not getting any signal from my TX (according to TXint.exe and I also tried the game controller option within the Control Panel). Can someone please help???

My original training cable has pin 2 & 3 flipped on both ends (pin 2 on one end is pin 3 on the other end and vice versa). I wonder if this is the reason why I am not getting any signal. Since I am making a new cable for this, I have connected the signal to pin 2 as illustrated -- is that correct???

Are there any ways to check the connection out???

B.T.W. do you turn on the tx for it to work??? I tried both ways and nothing happened.

Thanks,
Henry
iml2860

Postby Eric Brouwer » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:23 am

This interface was designed for use with Win95/98, and will not work on the newer operating systens like WinXP. What operating system are you using?

Here is the plug layout for the Hitec Eclipse 7.

I am not sure if the Eclipse will work with this connections when turned off.

Pin 2 on the plug is the PPM Output, and pin 3 the input. That's the reason they 'flipped' the wires on the training cord.

If the system still does not work, you will have to play with the parallel port settings in the BIOS. The interface will not work when the port is selected as a 'standard' port. Try ECP, EPP and see if this will not work.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby iml2860 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:57 pm

Many thanks for your quick reply. The interface cable is working fine now after I changed the Printer Port to ECP+EPP.

The Eclipse does required to be turned on in order for the tx to work with the PC.

Many Thanks!!!!
Henry :p
iml2860

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface