[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Supplement for the transmitter Futaba-F14? - Need help with this supplement.

Supplement for the transmitter Futaba-F14? - Need help with this supplement.

Postby DrainZero » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:26 pm

Hi modelflyers,
I'm using a futaba f-14 for flying and want to use it also for fms. This should be possible. There is an supplement in the manual for the Futaba-F14. The picture that explains it all is a little out dated cuz futaba changed the board but i found the trainer plug. My problem is that i don't know where to connect the outcoming leads with the 25 pin Sub-D. The U1 is as near to lead 5 as it is to 1, so i also have to guess what the u1 is. (by the way, is U1 the same as ground?). So i need a little bit explaining by the picture. Can anyone help me with this?

Greetz, Joost
???
the flight begins after the crash :)
DrainZero

Postby Mike Roberts » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:32 pm

Joost

In what way has the PCB changed? You can check which pin is ground and which is positive by checking continuity with teh battery. Hopefully the signal pin then becomes obvious.

It might also be simpler to use a serial IRQ interface. Follow the standard circuit diagram on my website but swap R1 and R2 to cope with the smaller signal magnitude.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby DrainZero » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:07 pm

Hey mike,
I'm gonna build the serial IRQ interface from your website. You mentioned that R1 and R2 should be swapped and Tx power is only for the Micron R/C. I changed the diagram and placed it . Can you check it for me?

Together with the diagram i placed two pics. One of my Tx pcb board and one of what should be ppm-signal in an Oscilloscope. website explained how you can check the ppm-signal with an oscilloscope program. Can i be sure that this is the signal? If so the upper pin of the train port is ground and the second is signal.

Greetz, Joost
DrainZero

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:16 pm

I believe you have it correct. The pins you note are the same relative to the socket as in the FMS manual. The signal looks a little noisy but is probably right. You have 9 pulses which is right for 8 channels plus synchronisation pulse (the long gap). Check the time difference between the successive rising edges. Should be 1 -2 ms. The first 4 gaps should lengthen and shorten as you move your sticks (one for each axis.

Yes your revision of my diagram is coorrect. I have wondered about doing this any way as the micron option is no longer available.

Please come back if you have any further questions.

When you have it working can I use your photograph on my website?

Cheers

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby DrainZero » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:41 am

I tested the signal with the oscilloscope program and moved the stick's. It's great to see how the signal changes with the stick's position :). I'm now gonna build the diagram. Let's pray it will work :D.

It's no problem to use the photograph on your website mike. If you want the non-resised and unchanged photograph you can mail me: j_asten@hotmail.com.

greetz, Joost
DrainZero

Postby DrainZero » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:31 pm

it isn't working :( ,
I tried it on two different computers. I downloaded fms 6 to see if there was a signal, but there wasn't any. I tried to reverse ground and signal (also in the oscilloscope program) but it gives a positive ppm and futaba has a negative ppm. it produces a voltage of 0,65V, is that ok? I don't know what i can do to make it work :(. Has anyone some advice?

greetz, Joost
DrainZero

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:11 pm

Joost

Check you have the correct ground connection. Should be zero resistance to your battery negative. The signal should all be positive. Negative is not possible. You can be moving botyhe sides of zero volts (max approx 0.65v set by TR1) if the signal is coupled via a capacitor. This is the case for JR sets and hence the different input circuit (see my website). This might be worth a try.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby DrainZero » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:33 am

Thanks :) , it's working now. I had the wrong pin for ground as you suggested i checked if there was zero resistance to the negative pole of the battery. Not the first but the fourth pin is ground. Thanks again.

Greetz, Joost :D
DrainZero

Postby Mike Roberts » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:13 pm

Joost

Great. Please confirm the connections on your photograph and email me the original and I will put it on my website.

Thanks

Mike
Mike Roberts

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface