[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - csm cable - can I use this cable with the FMS curcut

csm cable - can I use this cable with the FMS curcut

Postby twanspider » Sat May 18, 2002 9:00 pm

hi I have a CSM v.10 and would like to know if the cable provided with csm to connect with my transmitter ( Futaba Skysport 4) will work with the parallel connection for FMS

I have made the parallel setup as shown in the FMS manual. I connected the cable provided with CSM v10 to my tranmitter but it did not work. I made two curcuits ( using the zener diode and 680 resistor) and neither of them worked. I checked irq and rest but still did not work. Do I need a different cable than the one im using?

Thanks
twanspider

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun May 19, 2002 8:14 am

I guess you mean that you've put a 3.5mm jack socket on the input to the FMS circuit and you're using the DIN to jack CSM cable. That should work fine. Mine works with the FMS serial interfaces I've built.

What operating system are you using ? The simple interfaces don't work with Win2000/XP.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby twanspider » Sun May 19, 2002 6:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. Im using Windows ME. Dont know why it doesnt work. Im using the curicuit which uses the zener an 680 ohm resister. I changed my bios settings to EPP and B is connected to screen (ground) and A is to pin 4 and tried also pin 2 ( made another cable) but still didnt work. Would you suggest the serial interface?

Thanks. :(
twanspider

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun May 19, 2002 8:55 pm

This should work. The IRQ interfaces are OK with Windows ME. Why not try the serial version. Circuit and setup instructions on my website. :D

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby twanspider » Mon May 20, 2002 6:55 am

:) Yes it worked!! I had a problem in my cable that I made. I had used a stereo cable instead of a mono. No gliches at all !!this is due probably since I during the building of the curicuit I passed the resistor and diode through plasic tubes. Great Simulator and thanks to all ;) ;)
twanspider

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface