[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Robbe Promars - need help with parallel interface

Robbe Promars - need help with parallel interface

Postby flightsim » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:23 am

Hello ,

the FMS is a great program and i immediately connected my Robbe Promars FMSS with the parallelport of my compi (win98)
As described in the Manual, i directly connected pin 10 with the green signal-pin (the first from left in on-view) and pin 18 with the middle-ground. but nothing happens (i enabled LPT1 NORMAL-mode in Bios and chose the correct address 378h int7. The Output between pin 1 and 2 is 1,7 volts, between pin 10 and 18 4,7 volts.

is this correct, do i need a resistance or diode while there are only 1,7 volts, or do i have to connect the pins 10 and 18 directly to the (now) free pins where the HF-module stayed ?

I would really like to use my robbe promars, does anybody know , where i made a mistake, or whether i have to use another connection. (the joystick port works with a normal joystick, but it only has 2 axes :-(

many thanks for a reply if you happen to know how to manage the problem..

(Antwort auch gerne auf deutsch)

:)

--
flightsim

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:24 am

You will have to set your printer port to EPP/ECP in the BIOS for the interface to work correct.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby flightsim » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:23 pm

Thanks for your reply !

Well, i already have enabled the parallelport capabilities, but i think that´s not the reason. I wonder why there are no movements of the calibration bars at all.
Perhaps the signal is not correct, or the voltage is too low.
I dont even know whether the robbe radio can be connected at all, because no homepage features this old radio.
Do i have to plug in the hf-module and only pull the quartz out? How do i test if the output of the radio is correct or the two pins 10 and 18 of the port are interpreted correctly.

Is there a vendor for FM to joystickport converters for robbe promars radio. I found no vendor that has this DIN socket and would not like to buy one before i know that it works. i would like to know if it works at all with promars. Perhaps there is a tool that indicates, whether there is a signal recognized at all on pin 10 before i try to use all 4 axises in fms ?

Many thanks to you if you know how to connect a robbe promars to parallelport or a vendor of a joystickport converter for this radio .. :)
flightsim

Postby olivier2 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:52 pm

Hi,

Did you tried to simply reverse the ground and signal cable? I mean connect the ground of your radio to pin 10 of LPT1 and the OUT-signal to pin 18 from LPT1? This works for me with all negative PPM-signals (Futaba, Robbe/Futaba).
However, for a Graupner MC10 with a positive PPM-signal, ground goes to 18 and signal to 10. Check-out my website chapter 7 for some schematics that worked for me.
Eventually check your OUT-signal with a free downloadable scope and your signal connected to the line-in of your soundcard. Normally your signal is a negative-one like shown in fig.1-02 of my site.
Check my website chapter 1, para. 1.1 for the addres of the scope, check chapter 3 under Robbe to confirm you're using the right connections.
FMS settings : 378h and IRQ7, it works for me with win95, 98 and Millennium (does NOT work for win2000 and XP)

Succes,
Olivier
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of RC-transmitters
olivier2

Re: Robbe Promars - need help with parallel interface

Postby wik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Hallö, ich hatte auch Probs mit dem Interface und der Robbe Promars. Mein Interface bestand aus einem Widerstand von ca. 1KOhm und einer Zenerdiode 4,7V zum Schutz des Par-Ports.

--- 1KOhm ----+------PortPin 10 - /ACK
|
ZD
-----------------*----- PortPin 18 - GND

Mit dem Programm

PPJoy wollte ich die Fernsteuerung als Joystick nutzen.

(Anm.:Das Programm ist Frei, will aber Toolbars installieren, wenn man die Express-install macht)

Das Programm hat einen Debugmodus, der einen Ton ausgibt, wenn ein IRQ über /ACK ausgelöst wird. Dies geschah sogar und dennoch funktionierte nichts. Das Oszi ergab, dass die /ACK-Leitung nicht ausreichend runtergezogen wurde. Der /ACK Pin hat wohl nen recht niederohmigen Pullup-Widerstand gen High bei mir - was ich mir kaum vorstellen konnte, aber sei es drum.

Evtl. hätte es ein kleinerer Widerstand gebracht, aber ich habe einfach der Schaltung nen Opencollector verpasst, der sollte alles auf GND Saugen, was da an Strom kommt.

Die Schaltung sieht so aus:

Der Transistor ist nen Wald und Wiesen NPN - bei mir BC238. Die ZD kann auch weg, da sie nur den Port vor Spannungen > 4,7V schützen soll. Da die Basis-Emitter Diode des Transistors die 5Volt nur erreicht, wenn Sie grellweiß leuchtet und etwas stinkt, kann also die ZD auch weg. Der Transistor macht das schon.

Desweiteren bin ich nicht an die DIN-Buchse gegangen, sondern an eine Stiftleiste (SL1 in meinem Plan) im Gehäuse an dem das Signal noch mit hohem Pegel liegt - noch bevor das Signal über R40 (22KOhm) auf die DIN-Buchse geht. Der Pegel an der Buchse liegt irgendwo bei unter 2V und kann - dank dem Widerstand in der Leitung von 22K - nicht mehr als 0,4mA absaugen oder liefern. Wenn du aber die DIN-Buchse nimmst, wirst du wohl den 1KOhm widerstand gegen einen kleineren Tauschen müssen, oder sogar ganz entfernen und hoffen, dass dein LPT schon bei so kleinen Strömen LOW geht. Sonst eben Transistor benutzen.

Robbe Promars Schematik im Anhang oder via Anfrage bei mir.
Den Schaltplan habe ich von der Platine erstellt und kann somit Falsch sein. Aber er hilft vielleicht etwas.
LG
wik

Re: Robbe Promars - need help with parallel interface

Postby wik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Oops, hier nochmal den Schaltplan der Robbe Promars...

promars-schematik.zip
Robbe Promars Schematik Schaltplan
(45.3 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

Datei Lesen mit dem Programm EAGLE von Cadsoft (gibt eine freie Version).
MfG
wik

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface