[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba 6EXA converter lead - Tramsmitter interface futaba 6EXA

Futaba 6EXA converter lead - Tramsmitter interface futaba 6EXA

Postby JH1 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:20 am

Hi there i have recently purchased a new futaba 6EXA but it has one of the new buddy lead connectors on the back. Does any one know the circuit diagram for the converter lead so i can plug it into my computer and practice flying on those rainy days. To buy the orginal lead costs £30 and then an additional £18 for the adaptor and being a poor student and the fact that for a small cable it costs so much i belive it can be done at the fraction of the price. Idealy i would like to plug it into the game port for use with other software as well, as useing it for FMS.
JH1

Postby olivier2 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:10 am

Hi,

For the connections of your square plug, check out my website, chapter 3 : you will need the OUT and the Ground.
For the options to connect your radio to the PC, it depends on your PC-operating-system. Check-out my (English) answer on this topic some lines below : "Signalanpassung für Graupner MC20".
I personnaly connected some transmitters via the LPT1. Check the appropriate diagrams in chapter 7 of my website.
Olivier
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of RC-transmitters
olivier2

Postby JH1 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:48 pm

thanks for that. I have tried it out but i still cannot get the thing to work with the sim i am not totaly sure the pin layout is correct for this model of transmiter as its new Does antone have any surgestions
JH1

Postby JH1 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:52 pm

Am right in saying it will not work any way with xp
JH1

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:29 am

The parallel port interface does not work with XP, if that's what you're trying to use. I got confused with you talking about the game port. A game port/joystick interface or PIC serial interface would work.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Willy Cabanas » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:52 pm

Hi

I´m facing the same problem with the connection of my Futaba to the PC using Windows XP. I have found that the problem is the controller of the LPT-1 (it´s RS-232 and we need to use PPM). An inmediate solution is to use a PIC interface which is a software that converts any signal into RS-232 format. I found that this software is free to use so I´m looking a place to download it. If anybody knows a place to download it I´ll appreciate your contact. Also I´ll let you know if I can find it.

Willy
wcabanas@intelnet.net.gt
Willy Cabanas

Postby Cuban Flyer » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:08 pm

I think there is some confusion here a pic is a chip, is used to convert the PPM signal into the required signals required for FMS to use. The details of this interface are included with the FMS software, however you do need a pic programmer to program the pic and then need to manufacture the board for it.

:D
Cuban Flyer

Postby JH1 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:37 am

I see the problem with useing the pararel port has been fixed for xp.

So how do you connect up a futaba 6exa to the pc via the pararel port.

I have read a few web sites but not been able to determine if they will workl with the transmitter can some one post a proper wiring diagram for this.

Thisd transmitter is the new standard one so a lot of new flyers will be flying them so this would help out a lot of people

Thanks every one loads
JH1

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:04 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby JH1 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:11 pm

Have a look at this site there is some software fms

It looks promising let us know if it works with a parrel port set up thanks
JH1

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:59 am

I have visited , and it looks as if he was able to incorporate the standard Parallel - PPM interface into his virtual joystick driver (PPJoy).

Thanks to Deon who became involved with our R/C interfaces. I am sure his driver will become a great hit to persons that can not program the PIC interfaces. As i am running on Win98SE, I am unable to test his latest driver. It would be great if someone else running 2000/XP can test it, and let me know if it works.

I have used his PPJoy driver to create a virtual joystick using a FMS PIC Serial interface. With this program, one can use the FMS interface on any other game/simulator that has joystick support. I should just test it to see if it will still work correct with the latest PPJoy driver.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby JH1 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:35 pm

But i belive you can by pass the problem xp has with the parrael post by useing ppjoy and there is another software that links into it i think the link all the stuff is on this site. |Plus i also belive it will allow you to use your joystick with other progs as well

K can someone check it out to see if it works.

now the next question is the actual wiring of the inferface the reson i am trying to push this is i do not have the stuff to build and program a pic chip.

So which version is correct when wiring a lead for this transmitter.

A pin 2 )------------------| 680 Ohm |---------*--------------------( Pin 10
+---------+ |
|
-----
Right-angle socket / Parallel-
on transmitter /\ ZPD 4,7 Port on
/ \ PC
------
|
|
B pin3 )--------------------------------------*--------------------( Pin 18

or is it

Or

[image]http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/image/fig7f-11.gif[/image]

Or
[image][http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/image/fig7f-fms.gif/image]

Or

[image]http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/image/fig7f-fms-bis.gif[/image]

|Which one will work as you can see i am getting confused by all these different diagrams which is correct????

|So can some one double check me on this as see if this prog will make it possible to get the parrel post working with xpImageImage
JH1

Postby JH1 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:18 pm

I got it all working yes thanks all

|I used ppjoy as well as a program from here

you need to set up a virtual port with the ppjoy then connect your transmitter useing the resistor and zener methord to the parral port booted up this program

it then detects your transmitter
then go to game controlers in the control panel and calabrate the joystick and there you go..
JH1

Postby Cuban Flyer » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:49 pm

Watch this program if you are going to use the port for printing it refuses to allow the printer to work under XP whilst it is enabled.

I had to completely uninstall (or disable) the software to print, not the way a driver should work (in my opion). These are the kind of problems that can be experinced by trying to bypass the HAL in the operating systems.
Cuban Flyer

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface