[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - WOOHOO! I did it!

WOOHOO! I did it!

Postby c150L » Wed May 07, 2003 5:01 pm

This FMS thing is the greatest. (If not the greatest quality, Greatest in features and cost.) Built the RC>>PC parallel cord. found on Heliguys site. Worked first time.

One question (for now) remains. I'm using a Futaba FP-T4NBF Conquest. I'm also using the jumper on the 2 pins shown on Heliguys plans. I am removing the crystal too and need to turn on the RC to get it to work. When I used the trainer cord to another RC for actual RC flying, I didn't need to turn on the trainee RC box. (buddy box) Is there something I can do so that this RC powers up itself with this cord hooked up and not need to remove the Crystal and turn the power switch on? (My boy is going to be ticked if I do anything bad with his radio.)
c150L

Postby c150L » Wed May 07, 2003 5:42 pm

At second glance, It appears this should be in the PARALLEL forum. Can someone move it for me?
c150L

Postby Isaac » Thu May 08, 2003 3:44 am

Pin 1 of the DIN connector is the power input for the encoder section of the circuit.
If you apply 8 to 10 Volts to this pin, the radio generates the PPM pulses without transmitting radio frequency, so there is no need to power it up or removing the crystal.

I use a LM7810 voltage regulator ,two 1N4007 rectifier diodes and a wall outlet adapter of 15V x 300mA.

1N4007 +-----+ 1N4007
+12V o-----|>|----|7810|----|>|----o pin 1
+-----+
|
GND o----------------o----------------o shell
Isaac
Isaac

Postby c150L » Thu May 08, 2003 3:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. For the 8-10 volts in the buddy box (trainer set up with another RC) I would take it that the trainers radio is supplying the voltage to the trainees control. By using an external power supply, I also take it that the transmitters own battery does not pin out at the trainer plug. Are you aware if there is any unused pins on the trainer plug that I could wire to the battery?
c150L

Postby Isaac » Sat May 10, 2003 3:03 am

When you turn the transmitter on, the battery voltage pass through a diode and appears at pin 1 of the trainer connector.
There is no pin connected directly to the battery.
Isaac
Isaac

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface