[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PPJoy setup problem on XP

PPJoy setup problem on XP

Postby Bunty2772 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:40 am

I am having a touch time making the PPJoy interface to work on my XP machine. I am trying to interface a Futaba T4YF 4-channel transmitter using a parallel port cable for FMS. When I try and add the Joystick for PPM transmitter, I get a weird error as shown:

"Unable to verify IRQ on LPT1. Please try to assign an IRQ to this port"

I have verified that my paralled port has an IRQ 7 assigned with I/O of 378. I tried SP, EPP and ECP settings. Nothing seems to work. I always get the same error. And when XP installs the PPJoy driver when I add the joystick, it says that it could not start the device (Error code 10). I am completely stumped. What am I missing here?
Bunty2772

Postby kris_geusens » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:24 am

Try restarting your PC between the installation of PPJoy and the adding of a joystick.
When you remove the joystick, remove it completly (that's the other choice as what PPJoy suggests)

Kris
kris_geusens

Postby Kwok_Yu » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:09 pm

I got the same error. Try LPT2. That worked with no error. Even then, I had to install and reinstall a few times before it could function. Try the test/debug feature, if using a TX, to verify the ppm signal is there.
Kwok_Yu

Postby JrSnike » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:32 pm

Portugues - Ingles

Meu Computador My Computer
Propriedades Properties
Hardware Hardware
Gerenciador de Dispositivos Manager ...
Portas Ports
LPT1 Lpt1
Propriedades Properties
Configurações da Porta Configuration

JrSnike

Postby Bunty2772 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:40 am

Guys, I appreciate all the replies. I do not have LPT2 on my system and I verified a million times that the option for the parallel port to accept any IRQ is selection. I tried different modes for parallel port in BIOS like SPP, EPP, ECP, ECP/EPP. None of them worked. I also verified that the printer port that was initially using LPT1 is now using USB. I removed all the other joysticks in my system. Nothing seems to be working. I still get the same stupid error. "Unable to detect IRQ on LPT1. Please assign an IRQ to the device". I tried this with the controller hooked up and turned on and without the controller hooked up. I am trying to hookup a SKYPORT T4YF with a square buddy socket and no crystal. I have a adapter than lets me connects the square socket to the DIN 9 type socket which is the other end of my parallel port cable for FMS.

I need serious help. It surely does look like an XP config problem but I am not able to nail it down. I know the parallel port as such works since I was using the printer on this port before.Hellp, help, help...............
Bunty2772

Postby bcs » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:56 am

Hello, the problem w/ PpJoy on XP is, that ANY old settings the registry had regarding LPT, will remain among hidden setting. PPJOY than will recognize the oldest (!!!!) setting, regardless of its status, so we have to remove all the old records.

After you set all the things written already by others (BIOS setting for LPTx to ECP, using interrupt, SW setting in device manager use "Any interrupt assigned to port" [Legacy flag is not relevant]);
1., Add two environment variables to the System category: My_computer/Properties/Advance tab/Environment Variables button.
Here in the section on the bottom (system var.) Click the "New" button.
Type "DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS" as the name of the variable (without quotation marks, as usual), and a number of "1" to the value. Ok.
Click "New" again, the name is "DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES" and the value is 1 again. Ok.
2., Now go to the device manager. Switch on the "Show hidden devices" in the View menu.
Delete all the gray (non active) LPT settings from the Ports listing. Ok.
3., Call the PpJoy configurator, delete all non-working joys, add the new PPM joy to the LPTx.

From now on your computer settings are OK. If it still does not work, the only problem can be the HW (Cable config, resulting wrong signal level, or damaged parallel port HW.... hoping not this latter.)

Any further questions; I can answer after my vacation in september.
'Njoy it!
bcs

Postby Bunty2772 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:30 am

It works.. . it works....hurrah.......

Thanks a lot bcs. I was finally able to solve my problem by deleting those inactive LPT ports. As soon as I removed them, I was able to get add the joystick and install the drivers for PPJOY. I was then able to calibrate and assign controls to the transmitter in FMS and I then began to fly the RCs. I am havin fun..........

Thanks again for everyone's help in the forum.
Bunty2772

Postby deonvdw » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:09 am

Hi BCS,

Thank you for the hint about non-present devices. I have modified the PPJoy control panel to ignore them now. Should fix the "Unable to verify..." error message people were getting.

The modified control panel will be included with PPJoy v0.82 (due out shourtly). In the meanwhile, if anyone has the problem, drop me a mail and I will send them the new control panel app.

Cheers
Deon
deonvdw

Postby AJBrooks61 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 am

I too am having trouble getting PPJoy to work. I know I have a signal from my JR-X378 transmitter via. my home made interface. I have used an excellent LPT port monitor by Neil Fraser (Inverness Scotland). With this I can see which port name and address is receiving the signal. My problem is that I can't install the PPJoy driver for a PPM Transmitter, I keep getting the 'Code 10' error message. I have requested the new applet from Dean (see e-mail below). I will let you all know what happens...

Hi Deon,
Could you please send me a copy of your new applet as decribed below. I am running XP Professional on a SONY Laptop. I have installed the latest version of PPJoy and can't install a PPJoy driver for my PPM Tx. I keep getting the "Can't Install Code 10" error message despite umpteen atempts. I have tried LPT1 and 2 with ECP, use any available IRQ, IRQ=7, I/O=378 and 3BC etc. etc.

I was confident that my last atempt would work after reading and applying the recomendations from "bcs Posted: Aug. 06 2004,12:56" but to no avail :angry:

After reading your comment below;-

The modified control panel will be included with PPJoy v0.82 (due out shourtly). In the meanwhile, if anyone has the problem, drop me a mail and I will send them the new control panel applet.
AJBrooks61

Postby AJBrooks61 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:36 pm

At Last! :p
I am running XP Prof on a Sony PCG-GRT896HP laptop. I have tried for weeks to get PPJoy to install it's drivers for a TX type joystisks running through the LPT Port. I have been dogged by the 'Code 10 Error' message.
After following the excellent advice of BCS in his (or her) posting dated Aug 06 2004 12:56 I was confident I would finally get the driver to install after I had removed the 'Hidden' LTP printer ports. Unfortunately I was dissapointed. However, with a lot of patience and persistence, I noticed that on my system I also had two 'hidden' system devices i.e. 'Printer Ports'. So in addition to deleting the greyed out LPTs under 'Ports (COM & LPT) you must also delete any greyed out 'Printer Ports' under 'System Devices'.

I have not tried my TX yet but at least I have finally got PPJoy to install the TX Joystick driver for LPT1:
Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Tony (AJBrooks61) :p :p
AJBrooks61

Postby Bunty2772 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:35 pm

OK, now that I have PPJoy working and I am having fun flying the planes on FMS, I realized that the sound card has stopped working on my XP machine. I dont see any interrrupt conflicts and the drivers are installed correctly. When I open the sound options in the System Tray, I dont see any sound devices to select from the drop down menu. So, how did PPJOY screw up my sound devices? How do I recover from this? :)
Bunty2772

Postby kris_geusens » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:37 pm

kris_geusens

Postby Dtrax » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Dtrax

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface