[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba Challenger No Buddy Port - How to do it ?

Futaba Challenger No Buddy Port - How to do it ?

Postby davidshields » Mon May 14, 2001 8:54 am

Does anyone know how to connect to the internals of a (slightly aging) Futaba Challenger 6-channel with no buddy port. I don;t mind getting inside it & connecting to the guts, but would appreciate pointers on what to connect to where.

Many Thanks
David
d.shields@broadowler.co.uk
davidshields

Postby johnhlong » Sat Jul 07, 2001 3:11 pm

I just looked inside my older Futaba radio. (Conquest FP-T6nlk)
I used to design computers and worked with radio electronics altho it was a while back.....

My radio has a seperiate board for the radio section that plugs into the main board.

I don't have all my old electronics test equiptment anymore but here is what it looks like to me. (My best guess)

Lets number the small 5 pin connector from the top of the radio to the bottom of the radio. Call Pin 1 towards top and pin 5 at bottom edge of board as you look at the back of the radio with the back panel removed and the radio held upright.

Again this is only my best guess......

Pin 1 (TOP) Antenna (RF out)
Pin 2 Ground (Battary black wire)
Pin 3 Ground
Pin 4 +10 vdc (Battary red wire)
Pin 5 Signal ??????

Now, if pin 5 is the signal pin this is the pin you use for the output. It might not have the correct signal coding to work but there is a strong chance that it will work. Also not sure of the politary of the signal.

Also it would be good to either disconnect the Antenna, disable the RF board or remove the RF board while using the radio for a simulator to reduce interference (and not knock someones plane down).

As soon as I can find a schematic for the interface cord I will try to see if this will work.
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface