[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Test works fine. FMS shows no input - Help please!

Test works fine. FMS shows no input - Help please!

Postby CoolbeaN » Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:19 am

I have a futaba FP-T4NBF.
I purchased a paralell cable for it online.
I hooked it up.
The test works fine (allthough it looks kind of jittery), but when I try to use it in FMS nothing happens. I disabled my sound card, but that didn't help. Anything else I can try?
CoolbeaN

Postby solo » Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:05 pm

could it be that u have choosen thev wrong channels? what are your channel selections? can u control things from the keyboard?
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby CoolbeaN » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:35 pm

No.. I've been using FMS for 3 months with a joystick with no problems. Besides, the test screen (both the dos and the one in fms) show the 7 different channels. In the dos on my radio can control channels 1-4, but in FMS I get nothing.
CoolbeaN

Postby CoolbeaN » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:39 pm

Oh and I have checked the LPT interrupt on the SB16 emmulation and it is turned off. (not that it matters because I completely disabled the sound card before.. just just some more background info.)
CoolbeaN

Postby choffman41 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:11 pm

I have the same problem with the same transmitter and a Dell computer, only difference is I'm using a home made cable. Tried all the same remedies. Maybe there's something to this "Dell" thing (?). :angry:
choffman41

Postby Rockfist Rogan » Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:48 am

I don't think it has anything to do with being a *Dell*
I have a Dell Dimension XPS R350 and I have made two Tx's work, (Futaba FP-T6NL's) one with the *2 transistor* interface, and the other by throwing away the electronics and changing the pots to 500k.
(That is NOT a task for the faint hearted!)
That is the one I now use as I can use it for everything I would normally use a joystick for, such as Combat FS :)

It may be necessary to set your Tx up from within FMS *as well as* from your computer's control panel.

In case it helps, I advised somebody else to :
Set your channels 5 -8 to the same numbers as the first 4.

For instance, I have mine set to:

Rudder 4
Elevator 2
(Right stick)
Aileron 1
Throttle 3
(Left stick)
(These are AIRCRAFT settings)

Tail 4
Nick 2
(Right stick)
Roll 1
Pitch 3
(Left stick)
(These are HELICOPTER settings)

Note that only the first 4 blue columns actually move up and down when calibrating. Don't worry about it!

Ticking exp (exponential) can help a LOT with helicopter flying <g>
HTH

RR
Rockfist Rogan

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface