[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - skysports t4vf parrallel no go please help. - input issues

skysports t4vf parrallel no go please help. - input issues

Postby gregg3 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:38 am

skysport t4vf , cannot seem to get a signal in the calibration screen, all axis just sit in centre position.

i have tried all parrallel port combinations i can find.
tried different irq etc.

tears are next. please help if anyone can.

this problem seems to be not isolated to me.

please, please , help me make it work.

i have made the lead with the zener diode and the 680 resistor, i am sure the lead is ok and the transmitter is ok.

??? :angry:
gregg3

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:30 pm

What operating system ? That lead does not work with Win 2K or XP.

Which FMS control option are you using ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby gregg3 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:52 am

i have windows millenium (me) using the latest beta of fms
and i tried both the serial/parallel options.
using 378 and irq7, epp ecp,epp+ecp 1.9 , i swear i have tried them all.
i looked trhru my device manager and it appears there are no conflicts, i dont have a s/blaster or voice modem.

its the lead with just a zener diode and a 680 ohm resistor.
tonight i will be making the transistor version with 2 resistors.
hopefully that may work.

thanks for looking , any info appreciated.

also trying to find how to use smartpropo tp2w98 with a ppm transmitter? it only gives option for pcm1024 ?
gregg3

Postby gregg3 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:41 am

ok i made the cable just now with the npn2222a and the two resistors and using the parallel/vxd option , i didn't believe my eyes ............

##### IT WORKS , YEE HAA ####

and its smooth as, got to go and fly, bye bye

:p :D :D :)

i used the design from the address below, without the shorted pins shown in green (you will see what i mean).
i have also seen this design with a 10k ohm resistor across
pin 10 and 16 of parallel port plug but i didnt do this.

works like a charm... hopefully this will help someone, Gregg.

gregg3

Postby gregg3 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:53 am

perhaps we could suggest in the faq's that futaba SKYSPORTS t4vf owners should forget the zener cable and use the NPN2222a design.

i know i wasted quite a few hours getting nowhere at all.

:)
gregg3

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface