[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Worked before, now it don't

Worked before, now it don't

Postby Miklos » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:48 am

Hi..... I have a computer runing Windows XP and about a year ago, I managed to get my transmitter to work using the parallel port and PPJOY software. We'll after a couple of months, I stopped playing with FMS and moved on the other things, winter being what it was... Now that spring is here, and the flight bug has bitten me again, I wanted to start warming up the FMS, but found that I couldn't get the transmitter to work with FMS and PPJOY. At first, I found a broken wire in the cable I had made up, and when I fixed that, I could tell the parallel port was geting the siganl because I could hear the buzzing sound changing as I moved the transmitter controls when I had the debug enable in PPJOY. However, when I try to use the transmitter in FMS, it doesn't work. It acts as if no joystick is connected. No response. Under the Game Controller options in Win XP, I see the PPM radio control joystick on LPT1 listed, but when I try test or calibrate it under the joystick calibration, I get no response.
Any ideas what may be the problem. By the way, I deleted all the other joysticks that were listed under game controllers and still no joy.

Nevermind..... I fixed my problem by configuring the transmitter as joystick2 under PPMjoy. Once I did that and calibrated it under WinXP game controllers it worked fine.
Miklos
Miklos

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface