[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Odd Tx signal behavior..... - question

Odd Tx signal behavior..... - question

Postby foss1997 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:54 pm

foss1997

Postby Mike Roberts » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:02 pm

Scott

One thought. What is your port setup in your system BIOS (i.e. the scary bit when you press DEL while your machine is booting up) I think the parallel port has to be set to 'ECP+EPP'. This is what mine is set to and the parallel interface works OK.

Also the calibration bars are stationary if no signal is seen and move violently when there is a signal but calibration has not been set.

Cheers

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:46 am

I have once seen that behaviour where a signal appears only when the trainer switch is toggled. In that particular case the lead was wired with the signal lead connected to Pin3 instead of Pin2.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby foss1997 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:17 am

thanks for the responses!

I will check my bios settings soon. I checked them a while ago and tried it but nothing happened. Since then ive changed a few other things and then all of a sudden the bars started to move while toggling the switch (again, the did not always work, but I was able to get movement VERY sporadicaly if I toggled it).

If the ecp+epp does not work I will look more into the actual physical setup of the cord.

Time to mess with bios!

Scott

ps Is there a specific way you guys are using your TX's? Turned on, ppm, RF module out anything else? Do you have to hold the trainer switch on (mines spring loaded)?
foss1997

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:52 pm

Scott

The trainer switch is only to switch your transmitter to take the signal from another transmitter. It is spring loaded to be fail safe.

As suggested by Steve - also check your lead connection. You will find the correct setup on my website at RC Projects>FMS>IRQ interface>Transmitter connections

Cheers

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface